Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Flatbush/BP classes in quarantine
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:47 pm
With so much of this school year potentially in flux, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread to keep track of classes that are in quarantine, to get a sense of how widespread - or hopefully not! - the virus is in our community.

DH spoke to DS's menahel before the start of the year and told him that as excited as we are for the 1st day of school, we hope to be just as excited for the 100th day, but from what we're hearing, the odds of that aren't looking too good.

So far I've heard about:

BY of 18th Avenue - 8th grade
Lev BY - a high school class (10th?)
Chofetz Chaim Tiferes Yisroel - high school class (12th?)

Are there others? Please keep this thread to Flatbush/BP schools, thanks.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With so much of this school year potentially in flux, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread to keep track of classes that are in quarantine, to get a sense of how widespread - or hopefully not! - the virus is in our community.

DH spoke to DS's menahel before the start of the year and told him that as excited as we are for the 1st day of school, we hope to be just as excited for the 100th day, but from what we're hearing, the odds of that aren't looking too good.

So far I've heard about:

BY of 18th Avenue - 8th grade
Lev BY - a high school class (10th?)
Chofetz Chaim Tiferes Yisroel - high school class (12th?)

Are there others? Please keep this thread to Flatbush/BP schools, thanks.

Lev is 12th grade

amother
Black

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:51 pm
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine

Exactly.
Rolling Eyes Wink TMI Crying Punch LOL Banging head Can't Believe It Twisted Evil Tongue Out TMI
These are just some of my emotions.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Okay, I wrote Flatbush and BP because they're close together and there's a lot of back-and-forth between them, but I'm not looking for this thread to get derailed into discussions about protocols and whether schools should test or report or SD, etc.

So please keep this thread to discussing schools that are reporting cases - and specify if it was a student or teacher or staff member if you know. Thanks!

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:00 pm
I heard 4th grade tora vodas

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

I'm not in the USA but all I can think is good for them the first lockdown took me literally to the edge if the kids are home from school again I will go over the edge. You can start throwing tomatoes I dont care. Having the kids home from school is HARD for them and me. There I said it

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I'm not in the USA but all I can think is good for them the first lockdown took me literally to the edge if the kids are home from school again I will go over the edge. You can start throwing tomatoes I dont care. Having the kids home from school is HARD for them and me. There I said it

I'm not going to throw tomatoes, I'm going to agree that it was HARD but that because we did it none of us are dead. Got to keep your eye on the prize.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:08 pm
Well, if you live in bp/flatbush, you better become chassidish fast since it seems the virus knows to infect only children in the not chassidish mosdos, judging by the schools listed above....

naomi2

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well, if you live in bp/flatbush, you better become chassidish fast since it seems the virus knows to infect only children in the not chassidish mosdos, judging by the schools listed above....

I know, weird.......

Just One

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

As in what you don't know can't hurt you 😝

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:11 pm
Any more classes closed?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:14 pm
BYBP kindergarten class.
Bnos Yaakov 12th grade class.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:39 pm
Oh my.
I had no clue that this was happening Surprised

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:49 pm
Following.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:54 pm
Many doctors in lakewood are saying DONT TEST! Many of the tests are not accurate and then youre going to have classes/schools shut down. If youre sick just stay home.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Many doctors in lakewood are saying DONT TEST! Many of the tests are not accurate and then youre going to have classes/schools shut down. If youre sick just stay home.

Doctors who went to actual medical school?

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:58 pm
Bdy in monsey. Sorry not bp or Flatbush.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:58 pm
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park Pre1A

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Doctors who went to actual medical school?

Ya can’t beat em, join em.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics