Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos bracha Lakewood
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:13 pm
What crowd is there?

We are frum but not yeshivish. We are relatively simple in the way we dress, we have oot hashkafos even though we are from Lakewood. I'd want my child to be able to go to succeed in college (eventually!) and have a love for and connection to Hashem and Judaism (with the latter being the most important). Would we fit in?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:46 pm
I can't tell you about the elementary school, but from what I'm seeing you would do great in Chedvas (the high school).

I know that that's 9 years down the line but I think it reflects somewhat on Bnos Bracha that they would hire someone like Mrs. Jaffe to run their High School. She is very much 'out-of-town' and has no problem bucking-the -trends in Lakewood if she thinks it's the right thing to do for the girls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:49 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I can't tell you about the elementary school, but from what I'm seeing you would do great in Chedvas (the high school).

I know that that's 9 years down the line but I think it reflects somewhat on Bnos Bracha that they would hire someone like Mrs. Jaffe to run their High School. She is very much 'out-of-town' and has no problem bucking-the -trends in Lakewood if she thinks it's the right thing to do for the girls.

Which Jaffe? Is she from Edison/Elizabeth, somewhere around there?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Which Jaffe? Is she from Edison/Elizabeth, somewhere around there?

No, she's from Chicago. Moved to Lakewood a few years ago.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:16 pm
I don’t know for sure about the school but the few families I know who send there- modern chassidish, another is very cool not yeshivish. So it probably doesn’t attract a yeshivish crowd but like I said before, I’m not really sure.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:28 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I don’t know for sure about the school but the few families I know who send there- modern chassidish, another is very cool not yeshivish. So it probably doesn’t attract a yeshivish crowd but like I said before, I’m not really sure.

Were not looking for a cool crowd at all. Anyone else know?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:49 pm
I have friends that send there.
The fathers all wear a shtreiml, they're the ones qho didnt want to send to Bnos Penina, so they send to Bnos Bracha.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:50 pm
The families I know who send there are not modern at all. Frum, not necessarily yeshivish, not fancy. The mothers were nice and real.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:02 pm
I do know people who send to Bnos Bracha. Definitely NOT chasidish, so maybe there is a mix.

One family I know I would call Modern & cool wannabe, another more Yeshivish and definitely not 'cool'. Again a mix.

Personally, given the Lakewood 'box syndrome' I've always wondered how it's possible that these people I know all send to one school. That's why I can't offer an opinion of the elementary school.

LiLIsraeli

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:03 pm
I think you'd fit in just fine. The families I know who send there are all fine, frum, not especially yeshivish, not especially cool, working families.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:03 pm
They have a frum, out of town crowd. I have girls in a few classes and no shtreimels at all so I don’t know where that is coming from. Academics are not very high even though they have improved over the years. Very focused on building up each and every girls confidence and focusing on a close relationship with HaShem. From a very young age their motto is “ I love HaShem and HaShem loves me”
The principals are quite strict on mothers tznius.
A lot of stress on mothers being role models for their daughters. It’s a good wholesome school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:11 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
They have a frum, out of town crowd. I have girls in a few classes and no shtreimels at all so I don’t know where that is coming from. Academics are not very high even though they have improved over the years. Very focused on building up each and every girls confidence and focusing on a close relationship with HaShem. From a very young age their motto is “ I love HaShem and HaShem loves me”
The principals are quite strict on mothers tznius.
A lot of stress on mothers being role models for their daughters. It’s a good wholesome school.

Academics both kodesh and secular?
Tznius- I am ok with that, I guess I'd try to confirm to school rules; right now I often dress super casually with maxi skirts, tichels, sneakers. My sheitels are definitely not too long.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:26 pm
The people who I know there are definitely not chassidish. Guess it must be a very big mix.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:28 pm
Their focus is more on producing a happy, confident girl more than academics. Their girls do well in all high schools in Lakewood, some of them do have a tougher start. The academic foundation is there. Just not the busy work and pressure.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:33 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Their focus is more on producing a happy, confident girl more than academics. Their girls do well in all high schools in Lakewood, some of them do have a tougher start. The academic foundation is there. Just not the busy work and pressure.

I detest busy work and pressure. But I do want my daughter to have tools for success in college iy"H.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:55 pm
That’s just my honest opinion. I’m thrilled with the way my girls are turning out but most of them will prob not opt for a college career. Your best bet is to speak to other parents. I’m just one opinion. Hatzlocha and welcome to Lakewood.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:20 pm
I send my daughter there. She does not have any chassidish girls in her class. It’s a nice middle of the road school, not yeshivish, not modern, just downright frum. Extremely happy there and she’s already in 6th grade.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I send my daughter there. She does not have any chassidish girls in her class. It’s a nice middle of the road school, not yeshivish, not modern, just downright frum. Extremely happy there and she’s already in 6th grade.

Sounds ideal! Hope we can get in.
Who runs the school?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

That really sounds good!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:38 pm
I send there too. I grew up in Lakewood and always said that BB is where I want to send my girls. I BH couldn’t be happier. The girls come out confident in themselves with healthy self esteem and a love and connection to HaShem. Like poster above mentioned from when the girls are young... “I love HaShem and HaShem loves me”
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries