Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Any way to avoid yichud?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 10:44 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
I’d turn the camera on only for that one hour she’s home alone to spare you the stealing issue.

I think we’re on to something.

Let me talk to my husband about that one. Smile

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Your husband wants to stay home, he doesnt want to leave, you dont like the webcam option, your rav said it isnt sufficient for the door to be open, you cant come home any earlier. Doesnt seem like any of the suggestions so far have helped you because you shot them down (for good reason) or they are halachically an issue.

Agree. Something is going to have to give, whether your husband agrees to be more flexible, you find someone else, or try to manage without. Those are the realistic options.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 12:34 pm
If there's only a camera on your husband, what happens if he leaves the room (get a drink, bathroom etc)? Is he confined to the area only with the camera? He probably won't want that.

Also, If so- that might not help with the trust issue because she will see quickly that he isn't leaving that area a whole time & can take something from another area out of sight.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 12:38 pm
Ask your rav if camera can be used for yichud
We once asked regarding an escape room and our rav didn’t like it.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 12:38 pm
Did someone mention this before - any neighbors home that you can ask them to pop in periodically during the day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:08 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Did someone mention this before - any neighbors home that you can ask them to pop in periodically during the day?

No Sad

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:23 am
studying_torah wrote:
If there's only a camera on your husband, what happens if he leaves the room (get a drink, bathroom etc)? Is he confined to the area only with the camera? He probably won't want that.

Also, If so- that might not help with the trust issue because she will see quickly that he isn't leaving that area a whole time & can take something from another area out of sight.

Yep, I know.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:24 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Agree. Something is going to have to give, whether your husband agrees to be more flexible, you find someone else, or try to manage without. Those are the realistic options.

Yep, I basically put down those options before him yesterday. We decided that he will leave the house for about an hour/hour and a half (work elsewhere) and we will get security cameras for the areas that are problematic.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I already spoke to my Rav previously. He said that leaving the door open (even wide open) is not enough since there's no chance of anyone coming in and the entrance is in the back of the house. We don't have a neighbor to whom we can give the key to come in, or at least not one that we know of.

Have you discussed a security camera?

Edit: I see you did.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:52 pm
I'm glad you found a solution!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions