Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Betty crocker

rgh

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:37 pm
Is this worth the purchase?
What's better about it than simply using the oven or frying pan?

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:47 pm
I never heard of it before I joined Imamother and have never heard of it anywhere else. Yet here it is all the rage and a must have. What is it and how does it improve the quality of my life?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:50 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I never heard of it before I joined Imamother and have never heard of it anywhere else. Yet here it is all the rage and a must have. What is it and how does it improve the quality of my life?

It’s a pizza maker. Betty Crocker is a brand name and for some reason the heimish people refer to any pizza maker no matter the brand, as a Betty Crocker

BatyaEsther

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 6:13 pm
As I declare my ignorance, why not just put a cookie sheet in the oven or use a fry-pan?
I feel like I am missing some great chiddish.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 6:38 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
As I declare my ignorance, why not just put a cookie sheet in the oven or use a fry-pan?
I feel like I am missing some great chiddish.

Same. I prefer not to have another appliance hanging out on the counter/that I need to wash but can't submerge in the sink.
But if I didn't have a small dairy convection oven or toaster, I can see why it could be really helpful. Kind of like a dairy George Foreman?

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:04 pm
Yes it’s an amazing appliance. It gets really hot, and cooks everything much faster. It’s also very easy to clean. It’s also great for when your traveling. I have a meat and dairy one. I make omelets, salmon, potatoes, vegetables, cheese latkes. The meat one I make grilled chicken, fried chicken, potato kugel, potato knishes../

rgh

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:03 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Yes it’s an amazing appliance. It gets really hot, and cooks everything much faster. It’s also very easy to clean. It’s also great for when your traveling. I have a meat and dairy one. I make omelets, salmon, potatoes, vegetables, cheese latkes. The meat one I make grilled chicken, fried chicken, potato kugel, potato knishes../

But why can't you make all of the above in the oven or stove?

I understand it's good for traveling.

Genius

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:12 pm
It takes a lot faster.
It’s a great tool for a working mom.

tweety1

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:14 pm
rgh wrote:
But why can't you make all of the above in the oven or stove?

I understand it's good for traveling.

Lol. You really got me thinking. I have have 2, one for meat one for dairy. If I had to sit down and think why; I think in a way it's easier than schlepping out a frying pan. This uses so much less oil some dishes no oil at all. It definitely cooks everything much faster. Honestly, a big part, I think is more the hype if I'm allowed to admit even though I love it.

mha3484

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:28 pm
I have one for dairy and along with an instant pot it’s my milchig kitchen lol. It works great for my limited needs. If I had a dairy oven and or burners I’m not sure it would be worth it to me.

rgh

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:53 pm
K thanks everyone. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars