Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey school
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I was thinking to send to kesser and all the parents I know proudly use flip phones. Honestly its the one thing the school takes a strong stand on for mothers and you would have to be an idiot to send and not abide. the school doesnt want to breathe down the parents backs but why would sommone send to a school your clearly not on the same page as? also you may get away with it in nursery. But do you want to be that mother in the class that other parents are hesitant to send their kids too beacause who knows what else your inconsistent about? If you sign on a dotted line not to have a smartphone and you do its a very bad reflection of your chinuch and morals if you ask me

What other rules/hashkafos does kesser have besides flip phones? Is it chassidish?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What other rules/hashkafos does kesser have besides flip phones? Is it chassidish?

Yes, the families there are chassidish (as far as I know). For the kids there are aren't many rules (covered knees/elbows, and tights- except in nursery), and for the parents no specific rules aside from the technology part... I do recall that on their application they wrote they value simplicity and their tznius values are in line with Rav Falk (shoulder length sheitel etc).

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Yes, the families there are chassidish (as far as I know). For the kids there are aren't many rules (covered knees/elbows, and tights- except in nursery), and for the parents no specific rules aside from the technology part... I do recall that on their application they wrote they value simplicity and their tznius values are in line with Rav Falk (shoulder length sheitel etc).

Sounds similar to bsm.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
There's a difference between a mixed school and a school that is predominately a diff hashkafah than yours. I would put my kid in a mixed school (which doesn't really exist in monsey)

Well, I dont think mixed crowds in monsey are lacking. U have here klosenberg, BDY, MUNKATCH, BELZ , those are schools that are mixed crowds . Oh and also BSM . I think it's enough of a veriaty. I think its just parents that are also very picky what they choose . Before u choose a school its important to be clear what u want out of the school . Some parents don't even know .

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, I dont think mixed crowds in monsey are lacking. U have here klosenberg, BDY, MUNKATCH, BELZ , those are schools that are mixed crowds . Oh and also BSM . I think it's enough of a veriaty. I think its just parents that are also very picky what they choose . Before u choose a school its important to be clear what u want out of the school . Some parents don't even know .
mixed crowds means, Chasidish and litvish and other types all in the same school.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:56 pm
I was thinking to send to kesser and all the parents I know proudly use flip phones. Honestly its the one thing the school takes a strong stand on for mothers and you would have to be an idiot to send and not abide. the school doesnt want to breathe down the parents backs but why would sommone send to a school your clearly not on the same page as? also you may get away with it in nursery. But do you want to be that mother in the class that other parents are hesitant to send their kids too beacause who knows what else your inconsistent about? If you sign on a dotted line not to have a smartphone and you do its a very bad reflection of your chinuch and morals if you ask me

I know personally someone that sends there and know fact she uses smart phone . Dont fool yourself believing no one has. They choose who they decide is kosher for them. It doesnt necessarily have to be the way they think they know someone . People lie, not all people will be truthful while they apply . I look at schools same as like a shiddoch is bashert same with schools. Wherever my kids end up I know hashem wants that and it's best for them .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:46 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
mixed crowds means, Chasidish and litvish and other types all in the same school.

Shifra miruam and beis Rachel are like this. BDY I think too , tho I might b wrong . Is kesser only chassidish?

My bosys are in a mixed crowd tho and it's great.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:03 pm

I don't know much about kesser except my closest friend sends her girls and is in involved somewhat in the school. She does not have a smartphone but defenitely uses internet both in and out of the house. She drives. She is heimish not really chassidish. Honestly the school gave me the impression of bais rochel but a newer version. Since it's so hard to get in bais rochel they started a new school. My friend herself actually went to regular bais yaakov schools.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shifra miruam and beis Rachel are like this. BDY I think too , tho I might b wrong . Is kesser only chassidish?

My bosys are in a mixed crowd tho and it's great.

By now there are almost no litvish girls in Bais Rochel, or Bais Shifra Miriam. Definitely not in the younger grades. There are no litvish girls in BDY either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:12 am
So seems like from all schools in monsey there is still not enough .

This thread to begin with I opened since one of my siblings were trying to think if its worth for her to switch to munkatch from BDY looks from The answers both of the schools are very Similar crowds. Nothing major of a difference.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 9:31 am
Im sure there are those parents that disregard the rulesI just think its really stupid. if you dont agree dont send. It seems like a very unhealthy recipe for chinuch

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Actually long list of tznius rules for parents on the application. Denier of tights, short sheitel, long skirt..I never sent back application. I guess it served it's purpose Smile

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:52 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Actually long list of tznius rules for parents on the application. Denier of tights, short sheitel, long skirt..I never sent back application. I guess it served it's purpose Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:54 am
Im sure there are those parents that disregard the rulesI just think its really stupid. if you dont agree dont send. It seems like a very unhealthy recipe for chinuch

True. And also if you don't think a school should parents you how to behave and how to dress, don't sign...

Because it is a pity that many parents just sign and don't follow the rules, instead of discussing the problem...
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children