Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do u alwys match your kids?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:25 pm
I have a 6 year old and 11 . I match them most of the time while this year I had a hard time finding a match up . that being said I feel my 6 year old can use more his age styles different then my 11 year old.

Question: match or not to match??

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:26 pm
Never. (Well not since they were toddlers). They each have their own tastes and styles.

lk1234

Nah- too far apart in age. If it's a hassle to match then just don't. If your kids were close in age and it was easy to get the same outfit then yes. My personal opinion.

allthingsblue

A six year old and 11 year old? No way!!! That's not fair to the 11 year old.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:29 pm
Close in age/size and same gender I like to match. Not a must, but if I’m anyway getting both of them new it’s a cute neat look. Big gap in age/size is not cute in my eyes. Either the younger one is dressed too old, or the older one dressed too young. A chubbier kid looks less flattering than the thinner sister in the same dress.

mommy12

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:32 pm
My boys are a year apart. I've matched them a couple times when they were babies and maybe once or twice since then but that's it. They choose their own clothes every day and never match.

gold21

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:32 pm
Nah, not boys

I would match girls, but not always

I would not match two different genders

ChanieMommy

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:33 pm
No...

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:34 pm
My children are individuals. I don't match them.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:35 pm
I wouldn't match a 6 & 11 year old, they're too much apart.
My girls are a year apart & they're the same size
so I match them. It's easy to take 2 of each. They choose their clothes and don't always wear the same thing.
I don't usually match girls and boys but my girls wanted a matching outfit so I got one matching.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

pizza4

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:35 pm
My girls are close in age so I generally get them matching clothes, but if one wants to wear different that's totally fine. They're still little though.

hodeez

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:36 pm
I have 5 under 5 and I've never matched them. What a hassle!

Moonlight

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:36 pm
Not unless they are twins

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:39 pm
My 4 year old loves matching anyone. If she and a girl in her class or a neighbor have the same dress, she's all excited and 'twinsies'. I hate matching siblings, but I got her matching pjs to her sister now and she was so so excited about it. Her sister is too young to care either way. If I find something else matching I may just do it, because she felt so good about it. For myself... no.

sweet

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:45 pm
I have 4 boys in a row.
I do always match them, not all 4 though.
2 older and the 2 younger ones are in the same top, or 3 older ones and my baby is in a coordinating romper.
I dont match my boys to my girl though.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:48 pm
11 and 6 is a big age gap, though I'd probably get 2 or so matching.

Zehava

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:00 pm
I match the boys because it’s easy. 2 wardrobes for the price of one. For shabbos not so much anymore since the older one is wearing more mature styles at this point.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:00 pm
I have a 4 and 8 year old boy (and 7 year old girl). I buy one coordinating after for all three for the season. This season it's a black and white dress, and I bought my boys the same thing in a sweater. My boys, I tend to buy matching only because it's easy for me. They don't match at all everyday, but I do buy the same Shabbos sweaters for the two of them. I also happen to have both the same t-shirts for them in the summer, so sometimes they match but usually they just wore on different days.

Raw

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:03 pm
Never. Unless I’ve found a bargain item and bought in a couple of sizes. But even then, only if my kids are very close in age and young enough not to care.
Personally I don’t like the matching look at all. I love letting my kids master their own styles.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 11:06 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
My children are individuals. I don't match them.

My kids are individuals too. Each is very unique in their own way. They match sometimes. It doesn’t effect them in any way. Just makes my shopping experience much easier.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics