Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Started working F/T and my back went off

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:52 pm
I have scoliosis, I’m 58. I started working in an office. I started on Monday. On Thursday night my back was hurting but I still went to work on Friday. Over the weekend I was a mess. It was hurting to get out of bed and to turn in bed. Idk how can I keep working there. We need the money.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 8:56 pm
take tomorrow as a sick day to see a doctor or chiropractor to get some advice on how you could continue? What were you doing before this--- were you mostly on your feet? mostly sitting? A good mixture? Maybe you need frequent breaks for stretching or muscle relaxers or weekly chiro visits, etc etc..... don't give up on a new job just yet. Refuah Shleimah! Do you wear a brace? Are you a candidate for surgery? Do you wear special shoes?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:14 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
take tomorrow as a sick day to see a doctor or chiropractor to get some advice on how you could continue? What were you doing before this--- were you mostly on your feet? mostly sitting? A good mixture? Maybe you need frequent breaks for stretching or muscle relaxers or weekly chiro visits, etc etc..... don't give up on a new job just yet. Refuah Shleimah! Do you wear a brace? Are you a candidate for surgery? Do you wear special shoes?

I don’t wear anything special. I was not working for awhile. Before that I worked a job that didn’t require sitting the whole day. I took some Advil.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:21 pm
this happened to me in my 20's - turns out I had a herniated disc. happens every now and again to me... sometimes I can't pinpoint an event that triggered it. I'm not saying that's what you have, but seeing a doctor - even with telemedicine - helped a lot. They prescribed meds that really helped (and no, nothing habit forming for pain). If you live in the states, call your insurance company in the morning and ask if they have a telemedicine company like teledoc/mdlive. I was able to see an online doctor (over the computer or phone) for free and right away too.

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:26 pm
See a physical therapist and make sure the chair and desk and computer you are sitting at for work is well positioned for posture and back support and neck alignment as well as feet positioned well on the floor or on another object if needed if the floor is too far to rest feet on properly.
A lumbar roll back support might also help to buy to attach to the chair.
Very crucial!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:02 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
this happened to me in my 20's - turns out I had a herniated disc. happens every now and again to me... sometimes I can't pinpoint an event that triggered it. I'm not saying that's what you have, but seeing a doctor - even with telemedicine - helped a lot. They prescribed meds that really helped (and no, nothing habit forming for pain). If you live in the states, call your insurance company in the morning and ask if they have a telemedicine company like teledoc/mdlive. I was able to see an online doctor (over the computer or phone) for free and right away too.

I live in the states and I have kaiser

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:03 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

It happened to me few times before when I drove for a lot of hours.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:06 am
nanny24/7 wrote:
See a physical therapist and make sure the chair and desk and computer you are sitting at for work is well positioned for posture and back support and neck alignment as well as feet positioned well on the floor or on another object if needed if the floor is too far to rest feet on properly.
A lumbar roll back support might also help to buy to attach to the chair.
Very crucial!

I need to see a doctor and physical therapist but I don’t have a minute to breath. I still have young kids at home and I’m so busy. Maybe I just need to quit. It’s too much and I’m not young anymore. Even though we need the money I’m just not able to. We will manage without it.

nanny24/7

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 6:07 am
I am sorry OP to hear of your difficulties and having physical barriers that prevent you from working and earning money.

self-actualization

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 8:17 am
Maybe give it a month, or until a month after Succos. The reason I say this is that stress aggravates inflammation. Now it’s a stressful time with new carpools and all the holidays coming up. Maybe once that’s done your body will be in a calmer state and will find ways to calm down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics