Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos bracha Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:53 pm
Mrs malinowitz is the principal

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 6:03 pm
It’s a great school that really focuses on and builds up the students. I know one person that is heimish (but no shtreimel) there . The rest are not at all chassidish.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 7:12 pm
cnc wrote:
It’s a great school that really focuses on and builds up the students. I know one person that is heimish (but no shtreimel) there . The rest are not at all chassidish.
I know 3 families there with shtreimel wearing father

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:58 am
I have nieces in BB and Chedvas, and they are not in the slightest Chassidish. JPF, not really yeshivish, more American type. And I know other families that send to BB who are the same.

sweet

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I have friends that send there.
The fathers all wear a shtreiml, they're the ones qho didnt want to send to Bnos Penina, so they send to Bnos Bracha.

This.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:10 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have nieces in BB and Chedvas, and they are not in the slightest Chassidish. JPF, not really yeshivish, more American type. And I know other families that send to BB who are the same.

Just curious because I’m looking into chedvas... are the girls in BB more the cool, with it type, technology, movies and internet at home?
Sorry op, I’ll start a spin off if it gets carried away...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Just curious because I’m looking into chedvas... are the girls in BB more the cool, with it type, technology, movies and internet at home?
Sorry op, I’ll start a spin off if it gets carried away...

I know two girls in Chedvas, and one is my niece (the other is my DD's good friend's sister.) Both are with-it, put-together types, no movies, very limited internet (like, their parents have internet, not the kids.) Solid, frum, good kids. Mothers are classy and tznius.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 10:37 am
Is this a well run school? Do the principles know what's going on with each child ? What's the emphasis on yiras shamayim and midos ? Are girls rich kid snobby or nice simple and accepting ? What about outside world exposure between the girls? Anyone that currently send there pls.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 10:53 am
I know a teacher in chedvas. She told me about the school and it seems warm, accepting but not too tolerant to be a free for all, genuine and sincere.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 11:09 am
I'm wondering about the elementary, bnos bracha.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 1:44 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I'm wondering about the elementary, bnos bracha.

me too... how does it compare to Nachlas?

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 2:44 pm
Very well run, principal knows every child, huge emphasis on midos. Kids more simple and accepting of course there’s a few rich kids in every class. But no never snobby . I send there now

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 2:46 pm
I think parent body is similar to Nachlas with a more simple, working, OOT feel. I don't know about the academics in Nachlas, but in Bnos Brocha they are still noticeably weaker than other schools. I think its just not a priority there. I know they tried to pump it up, but it is still not up to par academically.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 3:06 pm
They might not cover as much ground academically but they focus on skills and confidence. Bnos Brocha girls do amazing in all high schools they go to.
It’s also a “no girl left behind” school. Each and every girl is made to feel important.
There is no price tag to that.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 3:15 pm
I wish I could send my daughter to chedvas which is bnos brachas hs
She refuses to apply because she said most of the girls who go are cool and modern. Even if this was true at one point, it seems that they focus on middos and that’s very special. Academically this would be a perfect place for her.
Unless she is guaranteed to have a class full of yeshivish girls she will have to suffer in high school for the next 4 years. No one can guarantee that. Not even the principal. She is not currently in bnos bracha.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 3:58 pm
Chedvas is definitely not modern girls. It’s a more out of town kind of school. You won’t find the pressure to wear brand names, go on certain vacations or traveling camps. You’ll find frum, wholesome growing girls.
I’m not sure when portraying a certain kind of brand name look became equivalent with frum in this town but that’s what I personally see going on.
There’s less smart phones in chedvas than any other school due to their technology program. There’s more students actually talking and working with their teachers due to their hiring the most amazing, frum, yeshivish teachers that the girls actually aspire to be like. And believe it or not, their top academic track is on a higher level than most Lakewood schools. It’s different and so far bh really working.
Modern girls won’t make it in chedvas since everything is brought to light. They don’t hide things under a rug and pretend it doesn’t exist.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 4:06 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Chedvas is definitely not modern girls. It’s a more out of town kind of school. You won’t find the pressure to wear brand names, go on certain vacations or traveling camps. You’ll find frum, wholesome growing girls.
I’m not sure when portraying a certain kind of brand name look became equivalent with frum in this town but that’s what I personally see going on.
There’s less smart phones in chedvas than any other school due to their technology program. There’s more students actually talking and working with their teachers due to their hiring the most amazing, frum, yeshivish teachers that the girls actually aspire to be like. And believe it or not, their top academic track is on a higher level than most Lakewood schools. It’s different and so far bh really working.
Modern girls won’t make it in chedvas since everything is brought to light. They don’t hide things under a rug and pretend it doesn’t exist.

Liking this wasn’t enough. Well said & sooo true!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 4:21 pm
Its definitely more modern.
My neighbor that sends there, the 10th grader has a smartphone with wats app.

The mother says that all the girls there are into non jewish music.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:22 pm
Thank you forestgreen.
Vermillion, I am going to respectfully disagree.
I don’t know your neighbor. I know many girls in that school. Your statement is false.

frums

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 1:41 pm
How strict is bnow brocha with the mothers tznius??
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries