Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
California SB 145

LeahRivka

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:45 am
Hope this is okay to post? If not I apologize.

Can someone please help me understand this?
Gov. Newsom Signs SB145

This to me seems to create a loophole for pedophiles. It makes me sad, disgusted and repulsed.

How can we be at this point again in the World? I know everything is from Hashem but, this one is hard. B"H I do not live in California, but there are children who will be abused and their abuser will not be made to register as a s-x offender. What?

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:49 am
This was discussed in Politics. How does it create a loophole? It simply allows the judges the same discretion they have in equivalent cases.

LeahRivka

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:29 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
This was discussed in Politics. How does it create a loophole? It simply allows the judges the same discretion they have in equivalent cases.

Sorry. I looked and did see it posted.

It allows pedophiles to do what they want with underage children and not have to register. Before they did. It also makes it okay for say a 20 year old to have s-x with a 10 year old and it is "normal".

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:33 pm
LeahRivka wrote:
Sorry. I looked and did see it posted.

It allows pedophiles to do what they want with underage children and not have to register. Before they did. It also makes it okay for say a 20 year old to have s-x with a 10 year old and it is "normal".

Again this was discussed at length in the previous thread.

It merely treats a gay person the same as a straight person in terms of repercussions.

It enables the presiding Judge to use his or her DISCRETION In determining whether someone has to register for the rest of his or her life as a relations offender when the *crime* is not one which is the kind which needs this kind of registration.

[Political thread locked for now, if it is reopened it will be up to Yael - mod]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics