Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
A positive thread before Yomim Noraim

keym

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:33 am
I would like to go into Yomim Noraim with a positive taste and positive thread.
I'm proposing that people write here the inspiring and lessons learned here.
But keep it general- don't specify specific posters. That could cause bad feelings and hurt.
Extra bonus points if you pm a poster and tell her something specific that you've learned from her or been inspired by her

I love how we might disagree and bicker like a family.
But when someone is suffering and needs help, whether physically, emotionally or financially, we all rally behind her and try to help. Because we are a real family of Klal Yisroel.

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:20 am
A couple of posters have been in financial straight and the outpouring of donations is amazing.

Or anytime a poster is looking for where to get a certain item. Like a fancy gown or brand baby clothes and ppl offer from their pen closets. Absolutely inspiring

southernbubby

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:38 pm
I really learn a lot from a special poster. We met in Israel in February and then she came down with COVID while I caught a bad cold. ( I doubt that it was related). We are a real pair!
She has some really good perspectives. I told her that one of my biggest grandparenting issues is when kids want you to watch them do the same thing over and over again. She had a good solution which was to acknowledge that I saw the kid jump into the pool and it was awesome but then to steer the activity elsewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur