Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What makes it more exciting or more enjoyable?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:06 pm
While doing laundry or any other house task and all the kids are out , there's peace and quiet while im taking care of the house . Cleaning, cooking, baking, ect . What can make it more upbeat and exciting? I wouldve loved company over the phone but these days it's not a thing for me like it was time back , (I wish I can go back to that ) I lost all contacts and all connections with old friends (my freinds faded away, how sad but that's the case. ) I'm jobless and expecting so I'm not looking to work now . The social part is big time missing in my life . Sometimes I wake up empty that no one is their to check on me other then family but sometimes I feel that I do need a change of people to know they think of me. I dont have with whom to hang out for coffee or shopping, and It is really getting to me.

Going back to my original point of this thread. I have No one to call so being on the phone while doing things is not happening. Music I find to be boring these days to me . Any other advice you can give me to keep my mood up while doing house work ??? I need something that will make me work faster and mooded .
What do you do? I know phone would be best but....

ckk

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:08 pm
I listen to all sorts of things. Sometimes its secular news, sometimes it's an interesting shiur, sometimes it's some random interview, depends on my mood

youngishbear

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:08 pm
Have you tried shiurim, podcasts, or audiobooks?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:14 pm
You know the song, When (blank's) Mommy makes the (blank) for Shabbos she always sings this tune, l'kavod Shabbos Shabbos kodesh, Shabbos is coming soon?
And Whistle While You Work?

That is not me.

Most of the time.

Me is listening to talk radio, shiurim, interesting zooms, and so on.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:15 pm
I got myself inexpensive earbuds and watch or listen to something on the phone, with the phone set up near me on a stand.

Get dressed, make yourself a great coffee or iced tea, and sit outside while you savor it. Start the day right. B'shaah Tova!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:17 pm
upbeat jewish fast paced dance music!

ChanieMommy

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
While doing laundry or any other house task and all the kids are out , there's peace and quiet while im taking care of the house . Cleaning, cooking, baking, ect . What can make it more upbeat and exciting? I wouldve loved company over the phone but these days it's not a thing for me like it was time back , (I wish I can go back to that ) I lost all contacts and all connections with old friends (my freinds faded away, how sad but that's the case. ) I'm jobless and expecting so I'm not looking to work now . The social part is big time missing in my life . Sometimes I wake up empty that no one is their to check on me other then family but sometimes I feel that I do need a change of people to know they think of me. I dont have with whom to hang out for coffee or shopping, and It is really getting to me.

Going back to my original point of this thread. I have No one to call so being on the phone while doing things is not happening. Music I find to be boring these days to me . Any other advice you can give me to keep my mood up while doing house work ??? I need something that will make me work faster and mooded .
What do you do? I know phone would be best but....

I listen to talk radio or to youtube videos all the time when I do chores...

There are so many very serious, interesting, speak-only lectures out there on video... Most major universities in the USA post open courses on many different subject matters, so do the israeli universities, in Hebrew... and you have sites like torah anytime if you are looking for shiurim...

It's really great! So much choice...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:19 pm
I have a playlist on YouTube that I listen to. It has a lot of my favorite pop tunes from the 80's when I was a teenager. Happy memories and a nice bop will take my mind off of the boredom every time!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:58 pm
Podcasts!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:23 pm
I watch comedy on YouTube!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry