Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat or chicken good @ room temp

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:18 pm
Just realized the first day of y"t is shabbos so I can't use my hotplate the way I normally do.
What are some meats or chicken ideas that taste good at room temp or a fool-proof non-cholent crock pot recipe?
(Other than London broil)

Last edited by allthingsblue on Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:20 pm
I like thinly sliced grilled chicken and steak served at room temperature over a salad.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I like thinly sliced grilled chicken and steak served at room temperature over a salad.

Might have to do that although I'm not thrilled about grilling on erev y"t.

trixx

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:28 pm
Susie fishbein has a marinated chicken over lo mein style dish - great cold.
Meat - you can do a navel Pastrami in crock pot, pull it then serve with burger buns, Coleslaw, pickles, guac, etc

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:29 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Might have to do that although I'm not thrilled about grilling on erev y"t.

What about broiling steak or baking chicken cutlets in a mock grill?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:34 pm
Saucy Mexican pulled chicken or beef in a crock pot. Do a "build your own burrito" bar, with all the fixings your family likes.

Vegetarian refried beans, Spanish rice, parve "sour cream", chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, romaine lettuce, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole or sliced avocado, etc. You can use corn or flour tortillas.

Instead of wrapping them in a paper towel, put a sandwich bag over the bottom end of the burrito. It will contain all the juices, with no risk of a "blow out".

You can also skip the wrap all together, and do a rice and bean bowl, with all the toppings. It's just as good, and a lot less messy.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about broiling steak or baking chicken cutlets in a mock grill?

Definitely an option! Thanks

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 5:42 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Saucy Mexican pulled chicken or beef in a crock pot. Do a "build your own burrito" bar, with all the fixings your family likes.

Vegetarian refried beans, Spanish rice, parve "sour cream", chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, romaine lettuce, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole or sliced avocado, etc. You can use corn or flour tortillas.

Instead of wrapping them in a paper towel, put a sandwich bag over the bottom end of the burrito. It will contain all the juices, with no risk of a "blow out".

You can also skip the wrap all together, and do a rice and bean bowl, with all the toppings. It's just as good, and a lot less messy.

Yum!

Good Friend

Chicken wraps

Chicken salad- my family likes this one: stir fry chicken breast cut in bite sized pieces in a mix of mustard, honey and olive oil.
Cut up a simple salad of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. Add cold chicken and dress with:
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup mayo

Sprinkle in something crunchy, like crackers, Chinese noodles, tradition soup noodles, etc.

egam

Thinly sliced deli style roast beef is very good eaten cold. You can make wraps or fancier sandwiches.
I also like to sous vide chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. Let it come to room temperature. Brown a little bit on both sides before serving, slice diagonally and serve.

Miri1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:44 am
egam wrote:
Thinly sliced deli style roast beef is very good eaten cold. You can make wraps or fancier sandwiches.
I also like to sous vide chicken breasts and keep them in the fridge. Let it come to room temperature. Brown a little bit on both sides before serving, slice diagonally and serve.

What is a deli style roast beef? Do you have a recipe?
Thanks!

Miri1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:45 am
Skirt steak strips over salad and sauteed peppers goes over well with us.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:10 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Just realized the first day of y"t is shabbos so I can't use my hotplate the way I normally do.
What are some meats or chicken ideas that taste good at room temp or a fool-proof non-cholent crock pot recipe?
(Other than London broil)

Shnitzel, rather thin,is best at roomtemperature, in my view...
Also, you could put them on top of a pot to warm them up

Thinlycut roastbeef is also good at room temperature.
Beef jerky
any kind of sausage.

Miri1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:27 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
Shnitzel, rather thin,is best at roomtemperature, in my view...
Also, you could put them on top of a pot to warm them up

Thinlycut roastbeef is also good at room temperature.
Beef jerky
any kind of sausage.

So would that be a roast without a sauce?

way2go

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:12 pm
Corned beef without sauce is good room temp. So are chicken cutlets, breaded or grilled
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics