Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What song did you walk down to?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:23 pm
sheifelah wrote:
Shir Lamaalot (Yosef Karduner tune). I especially feel a connection to tehillim 121 and I think I heard once that it is also a prayer for your zivug .. either way, if that's true or not, I just felt it was a special song to walk down the isle to. Smile

Me too! I never heard anyone else walk down to this.
No idea what my husband walked down to. I think he couldn’t decide so he went with something classic, but not specifically meaningful to him.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Baruch levine vhu kaili
As I was walking down I vividly remember thinking ‘good choice!’ 🙂

Me too!!!

I've never met anyone else who walked down to this song!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:39 pm
Alter Rebbe's nigun

amother
Green

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:08 pm
Bilvavi mishkan evneh

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:31 am
Lev Tahor from Dveykus

smile4ever

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:49 am
Pnei l'elbon from yom kippur night slichos

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:53 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Vehoair eineinu by Yehuda

For years of my single life I dreamed about walking down to this song. Then my kalla brain forgot about it and I walked down to something different.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:10 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
For years of my single life I dreamed about walking down to this song. Then my kalla brain forgot about it and I walked down to something different.

I am sure what you chose was beautiful as well!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:13 am
smile4ever wrote:
Pnei l'elbon from yom kippur night slichos

Beautiful!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:16 am
Hashmieni by Susan Kates

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:03 am
Elokai Neshama from Dedi.

gamanit

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I have no idea ! 🙈. Maybe it’s time to watch my wedding video again and find out ...I have cassettes of my wedding too but no cassette player to listen to it on.

Ha- me too! I actually checked my video since I have easy access to it and there was no music at my chuppah. The men were singing a niggun but it was just them themselves; I didn't choose it or anything. It was an old Yiddish niggun.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:48 pm
"Maybe I'm Amazed", by Paul McCartney. Still one of my favs. Very Happy

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:54 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
That wasn't too fast?

Eta: in response to pachabel's canon

Back in the day a few friends and I formed a string quartet and played at weddings for extra cash. Pachebel's Canon was by far the most popular request! I used to like it but after a year or two of playing it at weddings never wanted to hear it again. LOL LOL

Edit: at least I didn't have it as bad as our cellist. The cello part is the same 8 notes over..and over.. and over.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Back in the day a few friends and I formed a string quartet and played at weddings for extra cash. Pachebel's Canon was by far the most popular request! I used to like it but after a year or two of playing it at weddings never wanted to hear it again. LOL LOL

Edit: at least I didn't have it as bad as our cellist. The cello part is the same 8 notes over..and over.. and over.

I just listened to this song, why does it sound just like Memories by Maroon 5??

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just listened to this song, why does it sound just like Memories by Maroon 5??

Good ear - Maroon 5 transposed their song to another key but kept the same melody and chord progression as Pachelbel.

Luckily Pachelbel has been dead a few hundred years, otherwise he could probably sue Maroon 5 for copyright infringement! Laugh

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

So so you just do the beginning? Do people slow it down when the pace picks up? Trying to figure out how it's done.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics