Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O What is your TOTAL tuition bill?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:56 pm
This year we are being asked (after discounts) to pay $48,080 for the year. This is for 6 kids in a virtual elementary school (some full day, some part-day), and two in high school.

This represents over 50% of our annual income, but that's not the point of this thread Smile

How much TOTAL tuition are you being asked to pay this year?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:57 pm
About $18000 for two kids. That’s because one of the schools gave us a 50% break.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:00 pm
I think it’s 28 or 29k for 3 kids

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:02 pm
$8600 two kids elementary after kollel discount (plus $8000 daycare for another two)

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:05 pm
I think about $2500 for 4 kids for the year Hiding

Vouchers + staff discount

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:06 pm
About $9200 for 2 kids.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:07 pm
46k. 4 kids. It is KILLING us

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:08 pm
When you say you are being asked to pay a certain amount, you make it sound arbitrary.

When I go to the supermarket I'm not asked to pay a certain amount. I pay the cost of the food.

It costs money to educate children. Tuition is meant to cover that cost. Some schools charge less than the cost, and some charge more, with the extra going to fund scholarships. Ask the school about cost per child.

You're not being asked to do something. You're contributing your share, or as much of it as you can afford.

Education is expensive. That's the reality. You can always move to Israel if low-cost Jewish education is your priority.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:09 pm
$37.5k for 3 elementary school kids (incl building fund etc...), plus another $5500 for nursery

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:19 pm
2000 for one kid. The other is in a headstart program so I only need to pay the carpool driver.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:26 pm
approx $32,500 for 6 kids.
2 in post high school yeshivas, 4 in day schools.
Thats with huge tuition breaks. Really should be approx $109,000.
But our annual income is approx $84,000. So we are paying about 40% of our income to tuition...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:01 am
Can you write where you live? I don’t have kids yet, but trying to gauge... I know my parents in Brooklyn paid close to 100k last year for 3 elementary, 2 HS, 1 bris medrash, 1 touro college

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I think about $2500 for 4 kids for the year Hiding

Vouchers + staff discount

Get out now!

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:09 am
Approx $9,000 for 3 kids. Chassidish BP

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
When you say you are being asked to pay a certain amount, you make it sound arbitrary.

When I go to the supermarket I'm not asked to pay a certain amount. I pay the cost of the food.

It costs money to educate children. Tuition is meant to cover that cost. Some schools charge less than the cost, and some charge more, with the extra going to fund scholarships. Ask the school about cost per child.

You're not being asked to do something. You're contributing your share, or as much of it as you can afford.

Education is expensive. That's the reality. You can always move to Israel if low-cost Jewish education is your priority.

I wasn't really complaining. I am happy to pay it, as long as the money actually exists! (We paid first month + registration fees + uniforms/books/supplies/transportation, and are working on the second month now.) And I'm not getting very significant discounts, either. Maybe 10% or so.

I am B"H very happy with the high schools I chose for my children, and am thrilled that they are happy there. I am extremely grateful that the virtual elementary schooling option exists, despite the obvious downsides of the model, and my children are certainly learning and growing and have many friends that they would never otherwise meet. They have dedicated and innovative teachers and are motivated and happy.

I still find it interesting to see totals, and find it mind-boggling that families are actually able to pay these staggering amounts on a regular basis! Our projected tuition in three years, assuming we get similar discounts and tuition doesn't rise, is over $86,000 (more than our annual income in the past few years).

It's a good thing our Father has deep pockets!

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:28 am
6000 shekel for 10th grade and 1100 shekel for 3 year old gan (that includes hot lunch)
RBS, Israel
That's about $2200 for 2 kids.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:36 am
$22,500 for four kids. This is a Lakewood school full price.
Op tuition sounds like a lot

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:38 am
5000 elementary school
2000 preschool
2000 daycare
yearly

all fulltime including healthy mehadrin lunches.
(there are discounts I believe, but we are full time working parents, so we have no access to the discounts)

located in europe.
we are beyond happy with the teachers/rebbes/gannanot, kids are b´´H thriving, learning well and enjoying their classes. (the last sentence is more important than the cost inmho)

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:49 am
$0
I became a homeschooler.

shirachadasha

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:49 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

I don't get the sense that OP is complaining.
I think she's making it clear that her question isn't about the sticker price - it's about how much you actually pay.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics