Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Will the lockdown happen in Israel for the Chagim?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:19 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm worried. I don't want to see police vs civilian clashes on the yomim noraim. People are gonna wanna go daven in their usual shuls. I don't see this ending well at all.

The vast majority of Israelis are law-abiding citizens. There are a few hotheads, but for the most part, people want to do the right thing, even if they find it annoying and feel like the rules are inconsistent.

salt

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:23 am
DrMom wrote:
I think, particularly in certain communities, people do what they want and they know nobody will stop them.

Maybe I live in a naive bubble, but I really think that it is only very very few communities where people do what they want and know that nobody will stop them.
Most people really want to do the right thing and keep everyone safe.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:55 am
salt wrote:
Maybe I live in a naive bubble, but I really think that it is only very very few communities where people do what they want and know that nobody will stop them.

The problem is that it's those communities that get all the publicity.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:28 am
Elfrida wrote:
The problem is that it's those communities that get all the publicity.

Because most are hotspots. Wonder why?

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:33 am
DrMom wrote:
Because most are hotspots. Wonder why?

Except that for the past week or two, at least, the vast majority of new cases are diagnosed outside hotspots.

Out of 3500-4000 new cases per day, just 700-800 of the new cases daily were in "red" areas. The rest were in other places. Yesterday, there were 4,973 new cases diagnosed, 4,035 of which were NOT in hotspots. That's 938 which were in hotspots, and it's the highest percentage in a while for that statistic.

So tell me please, how will lockdowns only on red areas help control the spread?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:37 am
banana123 wrote:
Except that for the past week or two, at least, the vast majority of new cases are diagnosed outside hotspots.

Out of 3500-4000 new cases per day, just 700-800 of the new cases daily were in "red" areas. The rest were in other places. Yesterday, there were 4,973 new cases diagnosed, 4,035 of which were NOT in hotspots. That's 938 which were in hotspots, and it's the highest percentage in a while for that statistic.

So tell me please, how will lockdowns only on red areas help control the spread?

They won't now. That opportunity has gone.

The distribution of new cases was far more concentrated in red cities few weeks ago.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics