Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bottom/Drawer Freezer organization
1  2  Next

Twinster

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:09 pm
Anyone have ideas for organization?

Please share, along with links if you have any.

Thank you

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:12 pm
I like to store meat and chicken flat in ziploc bags, standing up kind of like file folders. The bottom of the drawer has a divider that can move. I keep it in the middle. And try to have two rows of stuff neatly stacked.

steak4me

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:37 pm
The container store has multipurpose bins. You put them standing near each other. They’re tall and come in a few sizes. Each one holds a different type of food.
Such as size large holds chicken. The next one holds breads. The next one holds fruits...

You can look on Instagram @organizingbykim
She has a post on it

https://www.containerstore.com.....22942

https://www.instagram.com/s/aG.....34237

silverlining3

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:58 pm
Twinster wrote:
Anyone have ideas for organization?

Please share, along with links if you have any.

Thank you

It sucks.

As much as I love the fridge I hate hate the freezer. Couldn't wait for the day I'll get a big freezer.

Twinster

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:04 pm
steak4me wrote:
The container store has multipurpose bins. You put them standing near each other. They’re tall and come in a few sizes. Each one holds a different type of food.
Such as size large holds chicken. The next one holds breads. The next one holds fruits...

You can look on Instagram @organizingbykim
She has a post on it

https://www.containerstore.com.....22942

https://www.instagram.com/s/aG.....34237

I saw this idea online and made a special trip to the container store.

But they’re too tall for my drawer. Sad

steak4me

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:37 pm
Twinster wrote:
I saw this idea online and made a special trip to the container store.

But they’re too tall for my drawer. Sad

What fridge do you have? I’m still waiting for m container store order. I probably should have measured first. I just assumed all drawers are same. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have a GE 28 cubic feet

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 8:06 pm
Um, her freezer is like half empty that way. We need to use every cubic inch.

I like ra_mom's idea but I'm too lazy. I mean busy. So it is what it is and my husband's good at rearranging things and the rest go in a standalone freezer.

Twinster

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:20 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Um, her freezer is like half empty that way. We need to use every cubic inch.

I like ra_mom's idea but I'm too lazy. I mean busy. So it is what it is and my husband's good at rearranging things and the rest go in a standalone freezer.

What I can freeze in ziploc bags upright, I do. But many things can’t freeze that way.

Twinster

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:30 am
steak4me wrote:
What fridge do you have? I’m still waiting for m container store order. I probably should have measured first. I just assumed all drawers are same. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have a GE 28 cubic feet

No we have a Whirlpool. 25cu I think.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:52 am
Twinster wrote:
What I can freeze in ziploc bags upright, I do. But many things can’t freeze that way.

What type of items? I use the top drawer for containers of soup and small items.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:03 am
We have two drawers both are split into two sections. Top drawer left side has ices/ice cream/ice. Right side is things we eat every day like fries, burgers, minced meat. On the bottom left is frozen things that are going to be in the freezer for a while such as roasts and that kind of meat and chicken for a while. On the bottom right we have frozen veggies and fruit.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:05 am
The bottom drawer freezer only works for me because in addition I have a big freezer right nearby.
I only use the bottom drawer if I’m storing things like frozen bottles of milk, packages of frozen veggies.
I put lots of challos in the freezer as I’m baking for yomtov but sadly the bulk of our frozen things is in the big freezer.
The fridge is amazing for storage. Freezer is not so amazing.
I’ll follow this for some good ideas so I can perhaps turn off my big freezer after yomtov.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:06 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
We have two drawers both are split into two sections. Top drawer left side has ices/ice cream/ice. Right side is things we eat every day like fries, burgers, minced meat. On the bottom left is frozen things that are going to be in the freezer for a while such as roasts and that kind of meat and chicken for a while. On the bottom right we have frozen veggies and fruit.

That sounds very organized!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:10 am
lkwdlady wrote:
That sounds very organized!
I actually just did that two days ago Smile
Before that I must have organized it for pesach. It felt so good to know exactly what we had in there and we can see it all now.

Twinster

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:02 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It felt so good to know exactly what we had in there and we can see it all now.

This. I feel that so much food is wasted because we don’t know what’s going on in there - what we have, what we don’t...

Twinster

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:06 am
ra_mom wrote:
What type of items? I use the top drawer for containers of soup and small items.

-Fast food like frozen pizza, fries, chicken nuggets, microwave foods etc.
-Breads (pita, bagels, etc.
-Frozen fruits and veggies
-Cookies, cake
-Ices/ice cream
These foods I mostly have a hard time with. It’s not that they don’t fit. They’re just not organized. I like seeing everything, not having bags dumped over each other.

ladYdI

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:08 am
Mines a mess!

silverlining3

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:17 am
After organizing, if it stays a week organized, lucky Lol

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:28 am
Twinster wrote:
This. I feel that so much food is wasted because we don’t know what’s going on in there - what we have, what we don’t...
This. I threw out so much stuff that was just not being used. It was a terrible feeling to throw so much stuff out, but now, I know exactly whats there and feel good about being able to restock as well.

familyfirst

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:28 am
2 shelves
Top left: baking (challahs, breads, crumble, cake etc)
Top right: proteins- chicken, meat etc (I have a stand alone freezer larger quantities)

Bottom left: frozen sides (French fries etc)
Bottom right: frozen fruit and veggies (including those frozen cubes of garlic and herbs)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars