Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Flatbush/BP classes in quarantine
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I heard from a Brooklyn doctor that he is getting numerous calls about people getting sick, but the community is keeping it quiet for fear of getting closed down . . .

Getting sick? See the panic happen when you don’t know what they are sick with. There are other illnesses besides covid.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 9:59 pm
Like I mentioned on a different thread, in my neighborhood people who test positive are not quarantining properly and their family members are roaming the streets.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:15 pm
Bais Brocha closed down 8th grade last week
My chassidish schools are having the kids take temp daily and wear masks on busses and in hallways. Davening and lunch are in the classrooms. My kid had fever (random virus BH) and I called the school to ask what the protocol is re testing and they told me to do whatever the dr recommends

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:15 pm
chassidish yeshiva in bklyn, monsey and monroe have been open since 3 weeks after pesach. nothing has changed .

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:42 am
Toras Emes in Flatbush, 3rd grade

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:05 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
It’s amazing in monsey, Monroe and Williamsburg cheder has been going on since May and there was no Quarantine and no cases in the cheder all has been well! Amazing!

Degel HaTorah has an 8th grade class quarantining, YSV has some too between the 5-8 grade classes. The chassidishe chedorim are just turning a blind eye, thats it. It doesn't mean that they don't have it among them.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:07 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Degel HaTorah has an 8th grade class quarantining, YSV has some too between the 5-8 grade classes. The chassidishe chedorim are just turning a blind eye, thats it. It doesn't mean that they don't have it among them.

They seriously don’t have cases turning a blind eye if all rabbis were sick is not possible.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:17 am
Well I'm chassidish and so is my family and my friends. We do have many sick children. There is definitely a blind eye being used. Sorry....hopefully no one will get seriously sick. But the adults, chassidish, that I personally know who are sick, are really not feeling well, some hospitalized, but no one is dying b"h. And, yes, some people have slight symptoms, are recently positive for covid19 and are walking around without masks with the excuse that everyone already had it...no one is getting seriously sick...you cant be locked up forever....

Trust me, the virus is not choosing to ignore chassidish people. We all live door to door, in tight quarters and were all mingling with adults and kids from all those yeshivas schools in bp being listed here.

Wake up people...we shouldn't be relying on miracles...we just need to use those brains god gave us - if you're sick, stay home!!!

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:22 am
And what happened to all the people who dont feel like wearing masks in crowds or when not feeling well, who very loudly kept saying - if Hatzolah will say be careful, well do it. Well that time is now. Hatzolah from each neighborhood have published notices that theres upticks all over and now is the time to be careful. Dont attend large gatherings. If you must, wear masks. If you're sick stay home.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:03 am
What's with the rumors about darchei?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:06 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
And what happened to all the people who dont feel like wearing masks in crowds or when not feeling well, who very loudly kept saying - if Hatzolah will say be careful, well do it. Well that time is now. Hatzolah from each neighborhood have published notices that theres upticks all over and now is the time to be careful. Dont attend large gatherings. If you must, wear masks. If you're sick stay home.

Hatzolah's warnings have been coming a bit little, a bit late.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:32 am
I dont know about too little or too late but I do know the warnings are being totally ignored here in bp

Mothers

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:01 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
What's with the rumors about darchei?

https://www.politico.com/state.....16924

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:17 am
Wmsbg hatzalah did not talk about masks at all. They wrote that if youre sick, stay home. if youre elderly or immunocompromised, be extra careful.

Also, With the weather changing now a lot of people will get typical coughs and runny noses... how many times a year do I run a typical cold for a few weeks? It's not necessarily covid every single time someone has a sneeze....

Mothers

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:18 am
Mothers wrote:
https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/09/15/yeshiva-in-queens-shut-down-after-covid-outbreak-1316924

Update: https://5townscentral.com/2020.....ovid/

Mothers

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:21 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Wmsbg hatzalah did not talk about masks at all. They wrote that if youre sick, stay home. if youre elderly or immunocompromised, be extra careful.

Also, With the weather changing now a lot of people will get typical coughs and runny noses... how many times a year do I run a typical cold for a few weeks? It's not necessarily covid every single time someone has a sneeze....

How are the elderly and immunocompromised to be extra careful, when their community won’t even take minimal precautions (I.e. masks and sd - as opposed to lockdowns, etc.) to protect them?

It’s not necessarily COVID every time someone has a sneeze - but if they do have COVID (also), and they sneeze . . .

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:58 am
May Hashem Protect us and Keep us all healthy!

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 9:58 am
Drav Meir 12th grade

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 3:34 am
Prospect park 12th grade

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 5:44 pm
BYA 12th grade