Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The home edit

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:32 am
Who here watched this show and became inspired to tidy things and organize things in their own home?
I loved the show and was sad when it only had a handful (or two) of episodes.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:39 am
Loved, loved the show! My friend pointed them out to me on Instagram a while ago, so when I saw the show added I was really excited.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:46 am
I watched the first episode but I liked the Marie Kondo show better...I really couldn't relate to these people with closets the size of bedrooms. I don't know if they worked with anyone of more modest means later on, but it seemed like you really needed a lot of space to have the kind of organization they showed (or way less stuff!)

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I watched the first episode but I liked the Marie Kondo show better...I really couldn't relate to these people with closets the size of bedrooms. I don't know if they worked with anyone of more modest means later on, but it seemed like you really needed a lot of space to have the kind of organization they showed (or way less stuff!)
Yes each show had a famous person and a regular family. There were boys bedrooms, play rooms, kitchens, in regular people's homes that were organized. I loved it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:14 am
Maybe I'll try it again! I could use some home edit inspiration!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

I watched 2 episodes of Home Edit and no, I didn’t do anything different because I’m pretty organized to begin with Very Happy . How they organize things, like by color, makes me bananas. Who cares?? I sure don’t. I like things organized and what’s the word, consistent? No, but like not a bunch of different kind of containers, but it should be even and look similar or the same.

I saw one episode of Marie Kondo and didn’t like it. I thought it was so annoying! Really? Who and why would anyone bother and care to fold in that specific way? And who has time?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:50 am
Toma, I liked the container bit. I even implimented this. No, the rainbow rhing I thought was actually bizarre.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:57 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Toma, I liked the container bit. I even implimented this. No, the rainbow rhing I thought was actually bizarre.

I don’t know a container bit. I only saw the episodes with closets and part with the garage. I watch while cooking. I like my containers all the same or like I said similar enough, but who cares about being color coordinated especially when it’s inside a pantry or closet?! To each its own. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics