Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Who are the doctors?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
People also have the right to refuse hydroxychloroquine if it's offered and they don't want it. Nobody is forcing it down anyone's throat but I just think that if a doctor can give this medication for other conditions, it should be allowed for this too.

Exactly. Both ways. But in general people trust doctors and will just take what they're prescribed.
I personally had this with a very trustworthy doctor that everyone loved... I don't think they mean badly, but in the end its up to us to question and research.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:50 pm
A few urgent care centers in boro park are not even giving tests anymore

Hydroxy is not approved by the FDA because its cheap bcz its not a new drug and remdesvir is so theyre making much more $$$ off it

southernbubby

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Exactly. Both ways. But in general people trust doctors and will just take what they're prescribed.
I personally had this with a very trustworthy doctor that everyone loved... I don't think they mean badly, but in the end its up to us to question and research.

Usually prescription drugs come with a print out of warnings and side effects but I agree that people don't always bother to read that.

Mameh Shaineh

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
A few urgent care centers in boro park are not even giving tests anymore

Hydroxy is not approved by the FDA because its cheap bcz its not a new drug and remdesvir is so theyre making much more $$$ off it

How come they're not giving tests anymore?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:19 am
Mameh Shaineh wrote:

Positive tests make neighborhoods look risky which is bad for business.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:10 am
southernbubby wrote:
Why is the death rate climbing in EY? They are entering another lockdown. If the virus is so benign and easily treated, why are so many Israelis critically ill? I mean, sheesh, head lice also spreads like crazy and many children in Israel frequently get lice but they don't shut the whole country down for that and lice don't go away on their own. So if this virus is no biggie, and we have so many good treatments, than what's going on there?

Boruch hashem the death rate is not really climbing in EY. While they are reporting several thousand cases per day, there are still often around 15 deaths a day.

In fact the death rate has gotten very low all over the world- except the US. The likely reason for this is that if a man with corona jumps out of a plane and his parachute doesn't open, the cause of death will be listed as covid-19.

For *some reason* there are those in the US that want a high death total for Covid. Since the politics section is closed, I will say no more.

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:16 am
Mameh Shaineh wrote:

they are only doing necessary testing as theres a shortage due to healthcare working and those traveling requiring weekly tests. in healthcare unfortunately we are seeing a 5-7 day delay due to shortages. and rapid are not accepted by most.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:23 am
I am disturbed by the reports here that doctors in some communities are telling people not to test so they don’t have to quarantine and keep their kids home.

And to counter a common excuse, the PCR tests are very accurate.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Boruch hashem the death rate is not really climbing in EY. While they are reporting several thousand cases per day, there are still often around 15 deaths a day.

In fact the death rate has gotten very low all over the world- except the US. The likely reason for this is that if a man with corona jumps out of a plane and his parachute doesn't open, the cause of death will be listed as covid-19.

For *some reason* there are those in the US that want a high death total for Covid. Since the politics section is closed, I will say no more.

The death rate in Israel may be low, but deaths are still rising nevertheless.The virus is way more infectious and widespread than was originally thought, so the lower death rate compared to the number of cases is only small comfort.

Cases don't turn serious right away. The deaths we're seeing now of 15 - 20 a day are from the 2000 daily cases two weeks ago. Cases have now risen to close to 5000 daily, so realistically, that doesn't bode well for the coming weeks, Hashem Yishmor.

You have to remember that Israel is a tiny country, with a population of only 8 million. So the current number of deaths is already a lot.

The warnings coming now are that if people don't take the upcoming lockdown seriously, Israel will soon look like Italy and New York did at the beginning of the pandemic. Let's hope and daven that it never gets even close to there.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:10 pm
You don’t take HCQ as a malaria prophylactic?
It’s a malaria treatment. Which you only take if you get malaria.
When you travel to Africa you take prophylactic malaria tablets to prevent you from catching malaria.

I’m just so confused.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
The death rate in Israel may be low, but deaths are still rising nevertheless.The virus is way more infectious and widespread than was originally thought, so the lower death rate compared to the number of cases is only small comfort.

Cases don't turn serious right away. The deaths we're seeing now of 15 - 20 a day are from the 2000 daily cases two weeks ago. Cases have now risen to close to 5000 daily, so realistically, that doesn't bode well for the coming weeks, Hashem Yishmor.

You have to remember that Israel is a tiny country, with a population of only 8 million. So the current number of deaths is already a lot.

The warnings coming now are that if people don't take the upcoming lockdown seriously, Israel will soon look like Italy and New York did at the beginning of the pandemic. Let's hope and daven that it never gets even close to there.
It's a tiny country with clusters of people living veery close to each other so that it spreads more easily then other places in the world. ...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:23 pm
Many people in African countries take hydroxy which is over the counter there as a prophylactic against getting malaria. Very common there. And interesting correlation not a lot of Covid positives or deaths.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Many people in African countries take hydroxy which is over the counter there as a prophylactic against getting malaria. Very common there.

You want to compare out healthcare to third world healthcare?

gold21

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You want to compare out healthcare to third world healthcare?

So the WHO and CDC are third world? They recommend HCQ prophylactically for malaria. This is with regards to travellers from first world countries to third world countries.

gold21

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
You don’t take HCQ as a malaria prophylactic?
It’s a malaria treatment. Which you only take if you get malaria.
When you travel to Africa you take prophylactic malaria tablets to prevent you from catching malaria.

I’m just so confused.

False. Dont be confused. It's used as a prophylactic.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:

I wonder where Israel went wrong...

They were really great during the first wave, kept the death toll to a few hundereds, and now, they are unfortunately catching up with european countries of the same size...

I am worried about the death toll going up...

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:23 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
And to counter a common excuse, the PCR tests are very accurate.

Source?

From what I read, they are MORE accurate than rapid tests, but they are still very far from accurate.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Source?

From what I read, they are MORE accurate than rapid tests, but they are still very far from accurate.

PCR tests have less than 0,5% of false positives.

they detect Virus RNA, which means they could detect inactive virus that is not infectous any more, that's why some people test positive a long time towards the end of the disease, and it could be they are not infectious.

But when they say the virus is there, it is there...

That rapid tests have a higher rate of false positives...

Laiya

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who are the doctors, in NY and NJ (and elsewhere) telling people not to test or quarantine? Giving out hydroxy even though the FDA has banned them from doing so? And why do you trust these doctors with your life and your children's lives?

Who's telling people not to test? The CDC:

If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) of a person with a COVID-19 infection for at least 15 minutes but do not have symptoms:
You do not necessarily need a test unless you are a vulnerable individual or your health care provider or State or local public health officials recommend you take one.

Laiya

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who are the doctors, in NY and NJ (and elsewhere) telling people not to test or quarantine? Giving out hydroxy even though the FDA has banned them from doing so? And why do you trust these doctors with your life and your children's lives?

As for hcq, here's a thorough analysis of the studies done and all the politics involved. It's a long read.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics