Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Upgrading covering
  Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15

CiCi

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:47 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Did you find the missing piece yet?

No, still searching...

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:49 am
CiCi wrote:
No, still searching...

Me too. If you find a yellow piece it’s mine. Fell off my avatar.
Maybe in zechus of upgrading my headgear I’ll find it...

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 1:00 am
Speaking of internet- I doubt the author of Adorned with Dignity would ever go online!

Personally I think internet is a tool that could be used for good or bad but since for many it can become an addiction, a major waste of time, possible exposure to inappropriate material most people are probably better off without it (if they dont need it for work)
But for me to start spouting the evils of internet while posting all day on imamother would be a bit hypocritical:)
(Nothing against imamother- its an amazing site!)
Im not the author but I did research this topic for years- with guidance from specific Rebbetzins and Rabbanim that are very informed on the subject. It amazed me how little we are taught about kisui rosh/ sheitels/tichels. Many just follow the flow without thinking about it- even though there is so much not known

One last important point- for those women that really want to upgrade but cant do it all the time cuz its too hard- its really not all or nothing. Like it says in the kol korei from Rav Gans - every time a woman refrains from wearing a wig outside it is a separate zechus as per Rav Elyashiv ztl.

lilies

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Speaking of internet- I doubt the author of Adorned with Dignity would ever go online!

Personally I think internet is a tool that could be used for good or bad but since for many it can become an addiction, a major waste of time, possible exposure to inappropriate material most people are probably better off without it (if they dont need it for work)
But for me to start spouting the evils of internet while posting all day on imamother would be a bit hypocritical:)
(Nothing against imamother- its an amazing site!)
Im not the author but I did research this topic for years- with guidance from specific Rebbetzins and Rabbanim that are very informed on the subject. It amazed me how little we are taught about kisui rosh/ sheitels/tichels. Many just follow the flow without thinking about it- even though there is so much not known

One last important point- for those women that really want to upgrade but cant do it all the time cuz its too hard- its really not all or nothing. Like it says in the kol korei from Rav Gans - every time a woman refrains from wearing a wig outside it is a separate zechus as per Rav Elyashiv ztl.

Wow!
You segued straight back into the sheitel debate. I'm actually amazed.
Wouldn't it be easier to start a new thread will all the info and sources you have on sheitels and tichels?
There's lots and let it all be streamlined for those who want to read about it. Then, all you'd need to post is reference points.
I'm interested in your opinions and your thoughts, not so much excerpts from books I can easily read.

soap suds

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:02 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Me too. If you find a yellow piece it’s mine. Fell off my avatar.
Maybe in zechus of upgrading my headgear I’ll find it...
Here you are communicating back and forth with Amother YELLOW, and you're still searching for your yellow piece? I can't believe you didnt put it together. Amother Yellow is your missing piece. Come to think of it, are you amother yellow? Hmm

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:18 pm
soap suds wrote:
Here you are communicating back and forth with Amother YELLOW, and you're still searching for your yellow piece? I can't believe you didnt put it together. Amother Yellow is your missing piece. Come to think of it, are you amother yellow? Hmm

Look at that!
Sometimes all we need is some soap suds to wash off our dirty glasses and suddenly we find our missing pieces right in front of us!
And no, although I love to boast and wouldn’t mind taking the credit, I’m still not an encyclopedia of knowledge like amother yellow so it’s not me. Oh, and I also wear a wig. Ps I’m pretty curious who it is. What (yellow emoji for good measure)

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:24 pm
I really feel sorry for the Op.

Dear Op hope you got what you needed out of this thread.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

I honestly don’t think she minds that the thread was derailed. But we can always open a new one. Or better yet, leave the subject and lock up.

soap suds

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

I believe she did. To sum it up:

Chassidish posters: Don't do it OP.

Non-chassidish posters: I'm not chassidish, but I think it's a beautiful thing to do.

CiCi

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:24 pm
soap suds wrote:
I believe she did. To sum it up:

Chassidish posters: Don't do it OP.

Non-chassidish posters: I'm not chassidish, but I think it's a beautiful thing to do.

Chassidishe people take covering a shaitel very seriously, it is not a dress-up type of thing, it's a real commitment for covering the head with two headcoverings, and it's not about making others feel comfortable.

Last edited by CiCi on Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Page 15 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels