Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in har hatzophim neighborhood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:17 am
Ds is in a program in Hebrew U. He is in quarantine. He can’t buy any food. Idk why they don’t deliver to the dormitory. Where can he buy food? He only has Thursday to go out and than again he is in three weeks lock down. They only give them basic food and no chicken. Where can he buy chicken?

TWeiss

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:34 am
Hebrew U is not far from Paran Shopping center, he should be able to get everything he needs there.
If you can PM me I can give u my # if he needs more help.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:47 am
TWeiss wrote:
Hebrew U is not far from Paran Shopping center, he should be able to get everything he needs there.
If you can PM me I can give u my # if he needs more help.

Thank you so much. I will pm you now.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:29 am
During lockdown food shops are open and you are allowed to go out to buy food as necessary, so once the bidud is over he should be able to buy what he needs.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:32 am
Har Hatzofim is attached to French Hill, which has a large religious community, so I'm sure there are small shops and even takeouts with a good hechsher. You might even do well to check on google maps. Is he allowed a small oven to make his own food?

Any takeout on Paran should also deliver to him. You're a good mommy. I hope he's doing well.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:43 am
At least when I went to Hebrew U (gosh that ones a long time ago) there was a small supermarket on campus. Your son should be allowed to leave his dorm to shop there - everything there is kosher, not necessarily everything is mehadrin. I also can’t imagine they won’t let the students order takeout to the dorm during lockdown. You can get practically any food you want in Jerusalem ordered to Har Hatzofim. It’s not a neighborhood really, it’s the university and hospital campus but it’s really close to the neighborhoods mentioned before.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:17 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
At least when I went to Hebrew U (gosh that ones a long time ago) there was a small supermarket on campus. Your son should be allowed to leave his dorm to shop there - everything there is kosher, not necessarily everything is mehadrin. I also can’t imagine they won’t let the students order takeout to the dorm during lockdown. You can get practically any food you want in Jerusalem ordered to Har Hatzofim. It’s not a neighborhood really, it’s the university and hospital campus but it’s really close to the neighborhoods mentioned before.

Ds told me they can’t deliver inside the campus. I was surprised

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe because of bidud, or possibly for security reasons.

Once bidud is over he can probably get things delivered to the shomer, which he would then have to pick up from there.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe they get lost. I get lost whenever I try to find anything there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics