Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Flyaways in her hair

snowflake1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:49 pm
I am wondering if anyone could help me. I finally have my girls hair manageable using leave in conditioner. And using the curly girl method for their curls now just dealing with the flyaways after we make their ponies I’m wondering what a good gel would be or moose that could just flatten the flyaways. All recommendations would be really helpful thank you so much

Iymnok

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 2:53 pm
They just need to grow.
You could put some water on them so they firm ringlets around her face instead of frizz. Just keep a shpritz bottle of water near your hair stuff.

snowflake1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 4:56 pm
Thanks it will just become frizzy from my experience just around the forehead area I want to just put a drop of some thing to smooth it down there are just so many products to choose from

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:01 pm
Having the same problem. The pony holders rip her hair so the it makes it worse. I was also trying to figure out what product to use

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 5:12 pm
Coconut oil! Use a good quality that doesn't have a strong smell.

Get just a dab and rub it over your hands, and then gently smooth the hair. If your girl is curly, use the oil to form the ringlets.

It will lock in moisture, prevent frizz, condition hair, and is healthy for the scalp. It can also prevent hair loss from pony tails that are too tight. It's absolutely humidity resistant, so you can rely on it in any type of weather.

snowflake1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:28 pm
To commiserate, the pony holders used to pull out hair as well until we switch to .scrunchies I ordered a huge pack on Amazon they came smelling horrible but then we wash them and they were great. they don’t pull out any hair. Its Definitely worth a try.

About the coconut oil, I will try that I have never heard that before. I’ll let you know how it goes

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:36 pm
Your girls are young but I want you to know my curly hair routine for when you are ready for when they are older and may need more help. Because curly hair is a LOT of work.

Easy everyday method is a leave in conditioner and air dry.

When you really want everything to be perfect, mouse hair after shower and diffuse with blow dryer and diffuser piece. This always looks stunning but takes a lot of time for thick hair.

snowflake1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Your girls are young but I want you to know my curly hair routine for when you are ready for when they are older and may need more help. Because curly hair is a LOT of work.

Easy everyday method is a leave in conditioner and air dry.

When you really want everything to be perfect, mouse hair after shower and diffuse with blow dryer and diffuser piece. This always looks stunning but takes a lot of time for thick hair.

What kind of mouse do you use? would you use it on a seven and nine-year-old

amother
Green

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:11 pm
Swipe a bounce sheet over their hair and it will flatten.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:16 pm
snowflake1 wrote:
What kind of mouse do you use? would you use it on a seven and nine-year-old

So suave or tresemme, extra firm hold. Nowadays I'm a lot more aware and concerned about harsh chemicals (autoimmune issues can do that to a person) but I couldn't really tell you either way. Up to you.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics