Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Refuah health center, spring valley , most doctors left
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:48 pm
They are having a birthing center?!? Who would've thunk? THey are so medical minded: I thought birthing centers is the opposite of that...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
They are having a birthing center?!? Who would've thunk? THey are so medical minded: I thought birthing centers is the opposite of that...

They are a money making business however they can make the money that’s how they roll.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

And I'm also wondering which hospital is their backup because Good Sam is a bit of a distance away... and generally doesn't take kindly to emergency transfers. Somehow this sounds like too good to be true.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

And I'm also wondering which hospital is their backup because Good Sam is a bit of a distance away... and generally doesn't take kindly to emergency transfers. Somehow this sounds like too good to be true.

They are affiliated with good sam so they probably will be able to use them since they have there docs there. Good sam don’t take well to the home births when there is no doc. those all Need to go to westchester

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
They are affiliated with good sam so they probably will be able to use them since they have there docs there. Good sam don’t take well to the home births when there is no doc. those all Need to go to westchester

IDK .
with devora bloch's history in good sam? I just dont see it...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:56 pm
IDK .
with devora bloch's history in good sam? I just dont see it...

I heard Devora is out Of refuah

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:02 pm
Refuah bends backwards for their patients and do not accommodate their staff so the doctors don’t like to Work for them. ODA accommodates their staff and not their patients, so the community does not like to use them.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:04 pm
My thoughts exactly.

Good Sam is a 15 minute Drive away. With no traffic you can probably make it in 10 minutes. It's not that far.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:09 pm
They are a money making business however they can make the money that’s how they roll.

Wink Wink Wink

You hit the nail on the head!!!
Still very surprised, though.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:14 pm
I heard Devora is out Of refuah

Ah...
well it was only a matter of time. the shidduch was weird in the first place...

I honestly dont see this birthing center lasting too long.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:15 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Good Sam is a 15 minute Drive away. With no traffic you can probably make it in 10 minutes. It's not that far.

Birthing centers are typically built way closer to a hospital, like think down the block or a few streets over.

According to google maps its a 19 minute drive.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:16 pm
Ah...
well it was only a matter of time. the shidduch was weird in the first place...

I honestly dont see this birthing center lasting too long.

Devorah when she joined them I was shocked since she didn’t have hospital rights anymore.

The birthing center will work they have a lot who use them they have the resources to keep it going. The only thing that will stop them is to many lawsuits

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:17 pm
Birthing centers are typically built way closer to a hospital, like think down the block or a few streets over.

Maybe with traffic it's a 19 minute drive. I live not far from Refua and it's less than 15 minutes from my house.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Maybe with traffic it's a 19 minute drive. I live not far from Refua and it's less than 15 minutes from my house.

I live 5 minutes from refuah. Nyack hospital is much closer to me.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I live 5 minutes from refuah. Nyack hospital is much closer to me.

Nyack and Good Sam are both 15 minutes from Refua. I put it in to google maps now to make sure.
To Nyack there's often more traffic so it can take longer.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:20 pm

They have an ambulance onsite and with lights and sirens it takes around 8 minutes if not less they can make it to westchester in 14 minutes

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:21 pm
They have an ambulance onsite and with lights and sirens it takes around 8 minutes if not less they can make it to westchester in 14 minutes

Westchester in 14 Minutes? How's that even possible?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Westchester in 14 Minutes? How's that even possible?

Lights and sirens!!

happyone

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:58 pm
anyone that can considor a birthing center need not worry about distance to two VERY incompetent local hospitals. Both Nyack and Good sam are as good as birthing centers, possibly safe for a cast and stitches not requiring plastic surgery.

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

I heard they're only accepting from #2 till #4 baby. Meaning by your first and after your fourth you can't use them anymore.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics