Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you clean your toilet?
1  2  3  Next

How often do YOU clean toilets (not cleaning help)?
2 or more times a week  
 29%  [ 67 ]
once a week  
 49%  [ 114 ]
once every 2 weeks  
 7%  [ 17 ]
once a month or whenever it absolutely stinks  
 13%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 230

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:27 pm
Do NOT vote if you have any cleaning help at all because then it will make me feel worse.
I want to know how dysfunctional I am. I work full time. I can barely keep up with homework and dinner and baths and laundry and everything. Cleaning my bathroom is lower on my list. I would love to do it more often and not when I notice it needs to be cleaned.

Tonight I left a pan in the oven for hours since I made extra for dinner and completely forgot the second pan. I also forgot that the clothes in the washer need to go in the dryer even though I do set timers. I am constantly running from kid to kid to help them with their homework and it a never-ending race.

Anyway, just a fun poll to see if I am worse than everyone else.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:32 pm
I didn't vote because any of the top three options work for me, depending on how busy it stressed I am. Smile
It stinks in my house way before a month!!! Wink

Fabulous

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:36 pm
When I was doing it myself it was once a week. I tried for twice but it didn’t usually happen

paperflowers

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:39 pm
I clean my toilet once a week (most weeks) but I don’t know if I’d call myself functional. And just to be clear - I just clean the toilet most of the time. The rest of the bathroom gets cleaned a lot less often.

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:40 pm
paperflowers wrote:
I clean my toilet once a week (most weeks) but I don’t know if I’d call myself functional. And just to be clear - I just clean the toilet most of the time. The rest of the bathroom gets cleaned a lot less often.

This

avrahamama

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:44 pm
I clean my toilet everyday. It's one bathroom and a lot of people in my house.

My shower on the other hand ... Barely ever.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:45 pm
I have little boys so daily or moresprsy with disinfectant and wipe..2minutes
Once or twice a week I use bleach

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:27 pm
Weekly, or more if I notice it looks dirty, but I’m an empty nester and have plenty of time to clean, esp now while working from home. When I had young children at home, I have no idea what I did. It was all I could do to get food on the table. One of the many distressing things about that stage of life was that I couldn’t keep the house as clean as I wanted it to be. With no one demanding my attention every minute, I can give a quick swipe before washing my hands if it looks dusty or grody midweek, but the “real” cleaning is Thurs nite or Friday for Shabbos.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do NOT vote if you have any cleaning help at all because then it will make me feel worse.
I want to know how dysfunctional I am. I work full time. I can barely keep up with homework and dinner and baths and laundry and everything. Cleaning my bathroom is lower on my list. I would love to do it more often and not when I notice it needs to be cleaned.

Tonight I left a pan in the oven for hours since I made extra for dinner and completely forgot the second pan. I also forgot that the clothes in the washer need to go in the dryer even though I do set timers. I am constantly running from kid to kid to help them with their homework and it a never-ending race.

The bowl or the outside?

Outside, once a week, but I don't have little boys. More often if its needed.

The bowl, anywhere from 1 to 3 times a week. https://www.scrubbingbubbles.c.....brush Life changing.

lovingmommy3417

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 12:54 am
I joke that I never go anywhere in our hourlse without cleaning. I've learned to just clean up as I do things. I go to the bathroom and straighten it up and clean if I see it needs it before I use it! Annoying but once you get used to it makes things easier.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:31 am
OP, can you make sure that others do this if its just too much for you?
We clean it on friday for sure but then also as needed, if needed more.

Success10

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:35 am
lovingmommy3417 wrote:
I joke that I never go anywhere in our hourlse without cleaning. I've learned to just clean up as I do things. I go to the bathroom and straighten it up and clean if I see it needs it before I use it! Annoying but once you get used to it makes things easier.

I scrub the toilet when my small kids are in the bath. It's hard for me to sit and just watch them. And then I notice the toilet and I'm like "ok, it's time". When I clean, I also clean all around and all surfaces in the vicinity since, you know, boys.

happyone

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:07 am
I am voting even with with cleaning help (when she shows up) because it would need to happen for me this way with or without.
my answer is daily. I'm sorry but bathrooms are the dirtiest area in any home and it's of utmost importance to me that it get thoroughly cleaned to maintain the health of my family.
im not so germ phobic but bathrooms are just that...breeding areas for all germs. toilets, lids, surrounding splash areas, oral care areas- sinks, tubs etc...
I'd forgo the cleanliness of the rest of my house to insure clean rest areas.

Last edited by happyone on Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

yonabets

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So I am not the only one!!!☺️ Laugh

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 4:40 am
You forgot to add to the poll -
Only before your MIL, who has commented on this before, comes to visit LOL Sad

ChanieMommy

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Don't feel bad.
Have other family members pitch in. make it a team effort...
You might want to take 1 hour to clean the house on Sunday or Friday, every family member gets assigned a limited task,and the addition of all the tasks will result in a spotless house in one hour... clock ticking... Taking time, working quickly is a great motivator... and next week, you try to break the record... either with same persons for same tasks or on a rotation... Children like to have a sense of responsibility and accomplishment. They will be proud of their clean house... and they also will be less careless once they did some cleaning...

For laundry: have separate baskets for different washing modes, so children can do the laundry one at a time, everytime a basket is full or they want some clothes that are in the laundry... It really motivates them... doable from age 10 or so...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:25 am
I was in a pretty good routine, doing it every Saturday night, until I had a baby this year. Now it's before anyone comes over (not often with covid), when it looks dirty, or at least every 2 weeks for upstairs. Hoping to get back to motzei shabbos now that shabbos is starting to end earlier.

essie14

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:24 am
I have 3 toilets, my kids will absolutely not clean their own bathroom. They would live in filth if I would let them. I or DH clean the toilets 2-3 times a week and my cleaning lady does them once a week.

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:36 am
I have cleaning help now, but for a very long time I didn't. What I did was full bathroom weekly, and wiped down just the toilet (or even toilet seat) itself another time during the week, or even twice if my little son got messy. The toilet seat takes approximately a minute and makes a big difference. You can spray and wipe or even use a clorox wipe.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:39 am
MY question is if you don't clean regularly then the toilet seat gets yellow stains (boys mom here). How do you not clean regularly and then get rid of yellow stained toilet seat. I have these gross stains that do not come off no matter how much I rub. If you use harsh scouring tools the finishe comes off.

Help!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry