Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pleeeaaaase help me get him to sleep!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:04 pm
My 12 month old is not a very good sleeper. He started sleeping through the night at 11 months. It was amazing! I finally felt like myself again! And then the universe hated me again and played this awful trick, and he started waking up again when he turned a year. Literally for the past week and a half he’s been waking up 1-2 times a night. I pick him up, put him down, and he goes back to sleep.
I can’t do this. I can’t. Sleep training didn’t work when I tried a bazillion times. I tried every (besides CIO) method religiously, and I gave each one a week.
He woke up an hour ago, so I picked him up, put him down, and then he started crying again. So I did it again, and I’ve been doing it FOR THE PAST HOUR.
HELP. OR COME TAKE HIM.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:15 pm
Hug

That’s really tough!
I’d be curious as to which sleep training methods you have tried so far. For this age, picking up is not recommended because it’s too stimulating. For me ‘chair in the room’ worked great b”h (you basically start out next to the crib and slowly move towards door while minimizing voice soothing as you move).

Sleep training is tough. I would say though to give it at least 2 weeks before calling it quits. Especially now that he is super confused while you experimented different methods.

Remember, persistence is the key!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:17 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Hug

That’s really tough!
I’d be curious as to which sleep training methods you have tried so far. For this age, picking up is not recommended because it’s too stimulating. For me ‘chair in the room’ worked great b”h (you basically start out next to the crib and slowly move towards door while minimizing voice soothing as you move).

Sleep training is tough. I would say though to give it at least 2 weeks before calling it quits. Especially now that he is super confused while you experimented different methods.

Remember, persistence is the key!

I tried literally every single bingle one, starting when he was 5 months old. He’s screeching his head off now, so maybe I’ll go sit with him.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:19 pm
I feel for you! This could have been me a few months ago. Baby's still not sleeping so great, but better. Now only wakes up at 4am and climbs into my bed - and I'm too tired to notice most nights.

Assuming your little one isn't potty training? Mine wakes up crying because she wants to go on the potty, or she went in her diaper and wants to be changed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I feel for you! This could have been me a few months ago. Baby's still not sleeping so great, but better. Now only wakes up at 4am and climbs into my bed - and I'm too tired to notice most nights.

Assuming your little one isn't potty training? Mine wakes up crying because she wants to go on the potty, or she went in her diaper and wants to be changed.

He’s 1!!!
There’s nothing bothering him except that I’m not holding him.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:32 pm
I'm laughing (bitterly) because I have a 2 1/2 year old that lately takes like 2 hours to get to bed, she sleeps in bed till about 5:30 and then climbs into mine. I have a 15 month old that I never sleep trained because I had postpartum depression and had no strength for sleep training, but now that I'm starting to get back to myself I am working hard at training the 15 month old for the first time, and it's hard, I have to move things along veeery gradually. The progress we've made so far is that I rock him to sleep while singing instead of nursing and then he sleeps in his crib for the first few hours. The not yet progress is that he moves to my bed for the rest of the night (remember the older one comes too, and there is no room for 3 to sleep in any sort of comfort) and wakes minimum 5-6 times a night.
I don't know how this can help you, unless you think you are not a good mother, this will encourage you that you are better than others.
Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:42 pm
I’m letting him CIO.
So far, he’s quiet. I hope that doesn’t mean he’s mustering up some energy for a legitimate screaming session. He’s very clever. I wouldnt be shocked.

lucky14

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 1:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m letting him CIO.
So far, he’s quiet. I hope that doesn’t mean he’s mustering up some energy for a legitimate screaming session. He’s very clever. I wouldnt be shocked.

Good luck! I hope you get some sleep tonight.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:15 am
You have done basic bloodwork to check for lead and anemia?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:20 am
Expect either a couple of new teeth, a major growth spurt, or both.

He'll calm down for another month, and then the cycle starts all over again. Can't Believe It

Hang in there! Hug

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:31 am
What’s his bedtime routine and his schedule including naps?

ChanieMommy

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:42 am
Rocking cradle?
With a motor, to rock it gently?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:27 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
What’s his bedtime routine and his schedule including naps?

Bedtime routine is shema, kiss, “goodnight!” and he goes in no problem.

Schedule is:
730 wake up, breakfast, dressed
10:00 nap
11:30 wake up, bottle
1:00 lunch
2:30 nap. If he wakes up late from 1st nap, no nap.
3:30 wake up, bottle
5:30 supper
6:30 bath
7:30 good night

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:28 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
Rocking cradle?
With a motor, to rock it gently?

He’s a giant baby. He’s gonna cling right out! He just wants me to pick him up, kiss him, and put him down. Except last night he kept screaming every time I left the room.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:28 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Expect either a couple of new teeth, a major growth spurt, or both.

He'll calm down for another month, and then the cycle starts all over again. Can't Believe It

Hang in there! Hug

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:29 am
ectomorph wrote:
You have done basic bloodwork to check for lead and anemia?

Yup. All good bh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics