Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Any Healthy Wagers on here??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:20 pm
I wouldn't mind connecting. Or cheering each others on here. I bet $600 total, and my prize will be $1066. I already finished 2 mini challenges, and lost 10% of my weight! I'm enjoying the ride bh! I have another 3 months to go, and kinda regret not betting to lose more, but was afraid to risk more. Anyone else made a bet? If you wanna try it here's my link. https://hwage.co/2093861/

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:24 pm
I have no idea what you’re talking about but since I lost 50 pounds in the first 3 months, 80 in 20 months and 110 in over three years, I strongly suspect I’d have lost a bet like that.

However, over time I’ve lost more than 30% org my original weight.

With regard to bets, the house always wins eventually

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:43 pm
You choose the amount of time (minimum 6 months) the amount of weight you wanna loose in this time, and the amount of money you wanna bet per month. They have a calculator you can play around with to see how much you'll earn according to your bet.
So according to your history you could've won a few bets! Btw you're my inspiration! I love reading about your weight loss journey. Maybe one day I'll be like you Wink
Aside from the main bet they have mini challenges where you can put money ($20-60 depending on challenge) into a pot betting to lose 4-6% of your body weight. And according to how many ppl join the pot the pot grows. When times up (1-3 months) the pot gets divided between the winners. So the fewer ppl win the more money you make Tongue Out

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:22 pm
I guarantee you I’d have lost every single one except the Furst one. But I’ll cheer you on!

snooper86

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wouldn't mind connecting. Or cheering each others on here. I bet $600 total, and my prize will be $1066. I already finished 2 mini challenges, and lost 10% of my weight! I'm enjoying the ride bh! I have another 3 months to go, and kinda regret not betting to lose more, but was afraid to risk more. Anyone else made a bet? If you wanna try it here's my link. https://hwage.co/2093861/

Sounds cool! So glad it’s working for you, but I’d be super nervous..

snooper86

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Also how do they know if you lost or not etc?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 4:30 am
snooper86 wrote:
Also how do they know if you lost or not etc?

They verify your weight. You take a video of yourself getting on the scale.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 4:40 am
I understand that it's good to have reward or risk for motivation...
But why bet for real money?

You might as well bet for game points or whatever...

Invent an inspiring game where lost pounds can be converted to benefits within the game...

Or take a game that exists already...

I have a hard time getting off my couch...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:34 am
I signed up after feeling very motivated and after signing up with a nutritionist. I know that when motivated I usually lose very fast in the beginning. So I trusted myself to take the risk. And it's a great motivator to keep me going.
You have to know your body. If you're a slow looser it may not be for you.
For me, my husband pushed me to do it and he decided how much money I should bet. So it means a lot to me that my husband has that much faith in me Smile

snooper86

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They verify your weight. You take a video of yourself getting on the scale.

Hmm so the 25lbs I just lost wouldn’t be counted according to them... also is there a minimum maintenance or it’s ok if you gain back?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:08 pm
They want you to hold on to your weight loss for another week or 2 in case they need another verification.
Also, if you wanna make another bet you can't start out weighing more than what you finished off last time.
I wonder how hard it is to open a different account for next time though. (I'm not advocating it Hiding )

I spent a lot of time reading through the terms and all FAQs Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise