Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Refuah health center, spring valley , most doctors left
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
anyone that can considor a birthing center need not worry about distance to two VERY incompetent local hospitals. Both Nyack and Good sam are as good as birthing centers, possibly safe for a cast and stitches not requiring plastic surgery.

ha ha good point!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:15 am
They are probably no accepting any vbac patients either, I saw picture of the inside of one room , looks very nice

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:26 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
anyone that can considor a birthing center need not worry about distance to two VERY incompetent local hospitals. Both Nyack and Good sam are as good as birthing centers, possibly safe for a cast and stitches not requiring plastic surgery.

I've had great experience at Good Sam. Their L&D department is really good. They're absolutely not a very incompetent hospital, they have some great doctors.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:51 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I've had great experience at Good Sam. Their L&D department is really good. They're absolutely not a very incompetent hospital, they have some great doctors.

The hospital as a whole and the emergency room doctors are very incompetent. Really dumb things. I then followed up the next day by a doctor and he couldn’t get over it why no one did stitches and now it was already too late.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:05 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

If your saying this you haven’t lived in monsey very long or you base a hospital based on nice. L&d is your own private doctor which if someone has any issues usually leaves and goes to westchester or Columbia groups. Good sam is seriously a bad hospital! Incompetent and many other things!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:06 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
If your saying this you haven’t lived in monsey very long or you base a hospital based on nice. L&d is your own private doctor which if someone has any issues usually leaves and goes to westchester or Columbia groups. Good sam is seriously a bad hospital! Incompetent and many other things!

I've lived in Monsey many years and bH have had multiple amazing experiences at Good Sam L&D.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:16 am
Good Sam is known as a bad hospital. It's ok to have a baby in but anything serious you don't go there.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:46 am

I live in Monsey for a long time. DH has a chronic condition and we always get great treatment. Dr. Revera and Dr. Israel are amazing doctors. DH had emergency complicated surgery there and we had great experience. Competent Doctors and nurses. Since they became under Westchester Hospital they really worked themselves up. Their Cardiac department is also quite good. For major emergencies I wouldn't go to Good Sam, but for minor or non major emergency things they're perfect.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:47 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Good Sam is known as a bad hospital. It's ok to have a baby in but anything serious you don't go there.

They used to be known as a bad hospital but they've really worked themselves up in the past few years. People just like to say they're a bad hospital, not based on their experience but just because.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
They used to be known as a bad hospital but they've really worked themselves up in the past few years. People just like to say they're a bad hospital, not based on their experience but just because.

Seriously they have not worked themselves up a drop they are the same incompetent.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:55 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I live in Monsey for a long time. DH has a chronic condition and we always get great treatment. Dr. Revera and Dr. Israel are amazing doctors. DH had emergency complicated surgery there and we had great experience. Competent Doctors and nurses. Since they became under Westchester Hospital they really worked themselves up. Their Cardiac department is also quite good. For major emergencies I wouldn't go to Good Sam, but for minor or non major emergency things they're perfect.

Dr Israel is your own private doctor he is affiliated with the hospital but actually in the past year he told many patients don’t go to good sam he sent them to other hospitals. They are still known for misdiagnosis, messing things up, Rushing for surgery when not needed, not having the right doc available when needed.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:04 am
Dr Israel is your own private doctor he is affiliated with the hospital but actually in the past year he told many patients don’t go to good sam he sent them to other hospitals. They are still known for misdiagnosis, messing things up, Rushing for surgery when not needed, not having the right doc available when needed.

Dr. Israel is not our private doctor, we don't use him. He's a floor doctor at the hospital and he's on call afew times a week.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:05 am
Seriously they have not worked themselves up a drop they are the same incompetent.

Not in our experience bh.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:07 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Dr. Israel is not our private doctor, we don't use him. He's a floor doctor at the hospital and he's on call afew times a week.

Well I’m glad you had a good experience since he’s sending his own patients to other hospitals for better care! He’s not letting them step foot into good sam

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:08 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Not in our experience bh.

Then you lucked out. But overall they mess up more then they succeed.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:15 am
Ezra medical in BP has been working like this for years.
I guess it works for these places....

happyone

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:21 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I've lived in Monsey many years and bH have had multiple amazing experiences at Good Sam L&D.

Even giving birth there is risky. if everything goes well, a home birth or birthing center is just as safe, if there are complications you are up shits creek! Even transfers to competent hospitals are made to be so difficult.
I've been involved in several situations where babies born requiring NICU care were getting stuck as GS refused to cooperate with transfer. Twice newborns had to literally AMA risk leaving with amazing hatzolah that worked with them. twice there were bad outcomes due to their negligence and being difficult with allowing transfer to Chony.
You never know when an emergency may arise. It's a true risk.

Even something as simple as a fractured arm have found to be misdiagnosed by radiology in their ED.
for cardiac emergencies they are actually quite decent.
Monsey's closest safe hospital is Westchester. Nyack at least admits when they are uncomfortable and will transfer to Columbia.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:29 am
happyone wrote:
Even giving birth there is risky. if everything goes well, a home birth or birthing center is just as safe, if there are complications you are up shits creek! Even transfers to competent hospitals are made to be so difficult.
I've been involved in several situations where babies born requiring NICU care were getting stuck as GS refused to cooperate with transfer. Twice newborns had to literally AMA risk leaving with amazing hatzolah that worked with them. twice there were bad outcomes due to their negligence and being difficult with allowing transfer to Chony.

Even something as simple as a fractured arm have found to be misdiagnosed by radiology in their ED.
Monsey's closest safe hospital is Westchester. Nyack at least admits when they are uncomfortable and will transfer to Columbia.

I'll have to disagree. I've had an emergenrcy c-section there that could not have happened in homebirth or birthing center. I've also had NICU babies there.

I've also known babies that needed higher level care and were transferred without incident to Westchester.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:30 am
happyone wrote:

Thousands of women give birth safely and happily at Good Sam. If there are complications, your own doctor is there, has nothing with the hospital. I haven't really heard any bad experience stories. I know people that transferred preemies out of the nicu without an issue. Their nicu is actually quite decent but medically fragile babies get transferred out. I feel very well taken care of when I give birth there.

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:39 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

A sibling almost lost her life there cuz "they're not a very incompetent hospital". Her bleeding "is not so bad" untill the parent came and took one look at her. She lost her baby due to 100% negligence of the hospital.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics