Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Teachers that are back in person, how r kids diff this yr?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:09 pm
Just curious....

Are they very behind? If you've taught the same grade in the past, do you find your preparing new lessons on the level of the grade below? How behind would you say they are? The amount of months school was out? or less bec remote learning taught them something, or more bec with such a long break they even forgot stuff taught earlier on in the year....

In general are they having a harder time sitting the whole day? Is it taking them longer to settle in with the classroom rules and etc ..

Do the kids seem to have more anxiety then previous classes you've taught?

Anything else you noticed?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:29 am
My high school students seem focused and ready for the new school year - almost eager.

I teach consecutive grades, so I know what I didn't get to last year and will adjust the curriculum accordingly.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:46 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
My high school students seem focused and ready for the new school year - almost eager.

I teach consecutive grades, so I know what I didn't get to last year and will adjust the curriculum accordingly.

Im not a teacher but I can relate about girls being eager to learn . My 7th grade daughter couldn't wait to go back to school. Even at end of daycamp she didn't have patience anymore for daycamp.
I think all the kids are just enjoying the routine and regular days bh

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:56 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Same for me.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:03 am
It's a mix
Half are behind in Moyshele's class.
In other classes they realize they have exams coming

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:10 am
Young children are way behind in social emotional skills. They need to catch up 6 months worth of just playing with each other.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:19 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Young children are way behind in social emotional skills. They need to catch up 6 months worth of just playing with each other.

Curious if your seeing this as a Teacher?
As a parent I think my 2 younger children gained a lot from being around older children all day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics