Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What color should I paint my living room and dinning room
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:36 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Edgecomb grey. A grey beige.

I have this and love it. It's a warm taupey neutral color. I don't like gray, and this is perfect.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It looks beautiful. My house is small. Isn’t it going to be too dark?

I don't find it dark. I have white trim/crown molding. It has a very fresh look.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:38 pm
I would stay away from any strong color in a small room. It'll just make it look claustrophobic and dark. IMO.

Librarian

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:55 pm
Silver Satin in my house has a yellow undertone. Balboa Mist, purple. Benjamin Moore Intense White is a taupe off white matches everything, no yellow undertone.

TriAspora

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 10:15 pm
Benjamin Moore soft warm greens that I considered:
Dune Grass
Soft Fern

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:24 am
Fashion won't remain your tastes prob will

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:23 am
A friend just told me that because my house has a curved ceiling in the living room and dinning room (it’s all one continuation the is no ceiling it’s like a dome) I can’t have a color that is darker. I probably need to choose one of the whites or a light shade of color. What is a nice very light color that doesn’t look just white.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friend just told me that because my house has a curved ceiling in the living room and dinning room (it’s all one continuation the is no ceiling it’s like a dome) I can’t have a color that is darker. I probably need to choose one of the whites or a light shade of color. What is a nice very light color that doesn’t look just white.

Winter ice is very nice

rae

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:05 am
Your best bet is to hire a color consultant. The amount of money people spend on samples and the time agonizing usually offsets the cost involved. An hour usually works. In my are, they charge from $125-$250 for the hour.
I know what I like and would not hire an interior decorator but every time I painted, I Was glad I went that route.

Every color looks different based on your furniture and lighting, they usually come with large samples and make choosing so much easier.
Also molding colors do make a huge difference. There is no such thing as plain white.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 5:27 am
I am getting a kick out of the names of these paint colors.

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 10:46 am
I'm pretty sure this is not what most people would advise, but I literally chose my favorite color and painted my whole house that color Smile . I knew that would be a bit...unique...but I also knew that I'd like it personally, so I didn't ask anyone's opinion.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics