Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you get the next bigger size for children’s clothing
1  2  Next

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:47 pm
Question says it all.
My son currently wears 18mo clothing BH

I got Yom Tov clothing for my son in 24 mo some bigger looking 18 mo sweatshirts

THROW THE TOMATOES

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:50 pm
I don’t get it.

What’s going on here?

Why are we throwing tomatoes?

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:51 pm
Because for yom tov my sons clothing will be bigger and it will look baggy and big and the sleeves are gonna be rolled up

Like he won’t look “nice”.

I want my son to grow into it in case someone’s gonna tell me to go to alterations

amother
Green

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I don’t get it.

What’s going on here?

Why are we throwing tomatoes?

Lol people on this site just love to overuse some expressions.

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:52 pm
Lol. I always size up, or they grow out of their clothes in seconds.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:53 pm
Oh and no I don’t currently have good fitting Yom Tov worthy clothing for my boy 🙈
The nicest one I own in his size from a not frum store is a plaid shirt and either blue/tan shorts but it’s getting kinda cold for that :/

So for the second time I went to another frum store or 2 and splurged xD

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:54 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Because for yom tov my sons clothing will be bigger and it will look baggy and big and the sleeves are gonna be rolled up

Like he won’t look “nice”.

I want my son to grow into it in case someone’s gonna tell me to go to alterations

I mean do what you want.

Why would someone care?

Still confused.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:55 pm
Rappel wrote:
Lol. I always size up, or they grow out of their clothes in seconds.

‘zactly

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 2:55 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Oh and no I don’t currently have good fitting Yom Tov worthy clothing for my boy 🙈
The nicest one I own in his size from a not frum store is a plaid shirt and either blue/tan shorts but it’s getting kinda cold for that :/

So for the second time I went to another frum store or 2 and splurged xD

FWIW if you don’t want to “splurge” check out zara or even cheaper H&M.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I mean do what you want.

Why would someone care?

Still confused.

Idk how to explain lol. It’s one of those “if you live at xyz you’ll understand!” type of things. 😊 in bp babies always look very neat with their clothes fitting them perfectly.

Now BH no one said a thing to me but I do notice people looking at my baby when walking on the street.

I don’t know if it’s because he’s BH cute, a different skin tone (most likely— he has a mixed complexion), or because his sleeves are rolled up haha and it looks “strange” (even more likely) but whatever

I grew up with my mother always getting the next bigger size at the start of the season so we can grow into it

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:02 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

I don’t know if splurge should be in quotes. When I buy a $25 outfit for a baby from H&M it’s a huge splurge with no sarcasm. I don’t even bother looking at the stuff over $30. To me it’s a waste to spend on a baby that could care less.

I don’t find babies grown tons. I like a bit of room bec I’m practical and don’t want to but mid year. But if you are rolling up sleeves a lot then you will prob roll up the sleeves still at the end of the season. You just need a bit of extra room. Some H&M stuff I bought last year was big and now - it is still big.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:04 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Eh didn’t spend so much.
I got recommendations to go to tottini and I found nice things I’m not sure if they’re for shabbos or Yom Tov but they’re definitely nicer than the rest of my sons clothes from carters.

lilies

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:05 pm
I had my tomatoes ready for nothing.
I don't know who you tend to be around but they don't seem to be the most tactful bunch. You suffer from a form of PTSD known as ANFPT - Accepting Nonsense From People Trauma.
Smile

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:05 pm
Lol I brought a fleece sweater at carters and the sleeves were rolled up maybe about an inch over lol.

KAH my son is a chubby, tall baby.

Boruch hashem

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:06 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Idk how to explain lol. It’s one of those “if you live at xyz you’ll understand!” type of things. 😊 in bp babies always look very neat with their clothes fitting them perfectly.

Now BH no one said a thing to me but I do notice people looking at my baby when walking on the street.

I don’t know if it’s because he’s BH cute, a different skin tone (most likely— he has a mixed complexion), or because his sleeves are rolled up haha and it looks “strange” (even more likely) but whatever

I grew up with my mother always getting the next bigger size at the start of the season so we can grow into it

I live in Lakewood. I’m very into fashion. I couldn’t care less what my neighbor’s kid is wearing.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:08 pm
lilies wrote:
I had my tomatoes ready for nothing.
I don't know who you tend to be around but they don't seem to be the most tactful bunch. You suffer from a form of PTSD known as ANFPT - Accepting Nonsense From People Trauma.
Smile

LOOOOOL
I think I do.

But I hardly go. This is the second time I went shopping for nicer clothing from frum stores.
I checked out h&m and found a lot of things I liked but they were totally out so I had to click on that notify me tab lol. For them to let me know by email that the clothes are back in stock

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:08 pm
Im glad you found stuff! They said Rosh Hashana will be coolish.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:10 pm
I bet a bag of rotten tomatoes that noone is staring at your baby because his sleeves are rolled up.
If in fact they did stare because of that they get the whole bag.

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:11 pm
I’m ready xD

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:13 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I bet a bag of rotten tomatoes that noone is staring at your baby because his sleeves are rolled up.

Lol I hope A lady in a store kept glancing at my boy. I was verrrrrryyyyyyy unsettled.

Man I definitely wish I asked excuse me why are you looking at my son? Do you have a problem?

Heh. I’m too nice so I just stayed quiet
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics