Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Enraged at child
Previous  1  2  3  4

queen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 4:45 am
I'm in shock!

de_goldy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:11 am
Sadly, I am not shocked.
Perhaps it is because I am well aware that this is a huge reality for many children. If you know a child being treated as such (yes, teenagers too) it's great (if you can) to invite them over as much as possible (for shabbos especially, but even just during the week to help out with the kids, or in the kitchen or just for some quiet time or to do homework) enabling them to spend time outside of an unhealthy environment, in a peaceful, nurturing one.

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 6:56 am
Quote:
IMNSHO it is worse that she did it in public b/c it is one more barrier she broke for herself. sad.

Crying Actually if she had to be so horrible and mean revealing her true intentions for sending her kid to school shock
It was better this way so atleast people heard and hopefully someone did something and it was not just a childs word against hers.
On another point I know when I was a little girl I heard my friends mummy say to her daughter if u don't find the keys u lost I'm gonna kill u shock
I was soo shaken and when I told my mummy how horrible this friends mummy was, my mother explained even though we never talk that way some people do Mad , but guaranteed she would never kill her and loved her too Exclamation

And just like I wouldn't get the police involved even w/h an abusive spouse so too even in an abusive situation I would not get social services involved unless they were a) Jewish b)frum and c) worked on creating a better family unit thru tthe existing one first

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 1:55 pm
sadly, neither dh or I know who the kid is.

smile

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 4:09 pm
poor child Sad

curly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 5:41 pm
back to the topic for amother here is some advice for when you are in the same situation again. Take a moment and count to ten or twenty or take ten minutes so that you have calmed down and then you can think more clearly.

curly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 5:49 pm
someone told me that she has a ten minute rule that when she gets home from work her kids know that she needs ten minutes to herself before getting bombarded with homework, supper, etc. The kids and her husband know this. amother you can establish a ten minute rule that if you feel you need it and everything is going out of control and the kids are driving you up the wall.

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:30 pm
Quote:
Actually if she had to be so horrible and mean revealing her true intentions for sending her kid to school Shocked
It was better this way so atleast people heard and hopefully someone did something and it was not just a childs word against hers

What would you do to help the child?

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 1:52 pm
I wouldv'e followed them and after inquired, after the child eigther by a teacher or friend and told them what I overheard and was this a one time occurance or daily occurance and how was she the mother in other ways and what they the school was doing about it?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics