Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
103.8 in a 9 month old-update
Previous  1  2  3

pause

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bh that's one thing. He's still nursing. In fact he's nursing sessions are much longer than usual. He usually nurses for no more than 3-4 min now he's a good 6-7 min constantly sucking.

This doesn't sound like an ear infection to me. My kids avoid swallowing and nursing when they have an ear infection.

Is it possible your child is teething? My kids get fever and nurse extra long when teething. And the biting that you mentioned also made me think of teething.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:22 pm
pause wrote:
This doesn't sound like an ear infection to me. My kids avoid swallowing and nursing when they have an ear infection.

Is it possible your child is teething? My kids get fever and nurse extra long when teething. And the biting that you mentioned also made me think of teething.

My baby has had an ear infection in the past and he nursed regularly the entire time. I had one kid that dropped the nursing. She had an ear infection for 3 weeks and my Dr refused to treat it . She didn't wanna nurse from the pain leading to wean herself. That experience has taught me a whl lot. What I'm gonna do if it's gonna be an ear infection tom? I dunno but chances are I will not "let it run its course". I wanna try to work on his immune system to prevent this from happening again.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby has had an ear infection in the past and he nursed regularly the entire time. I had one kid that dropped the nursing. She had an ear infection for 3 weeks and my Dr refused to treat it . She didn't wanna nurse from the pain leading to wean herself. That experience has taught me a whl lot. What I'm gonna do if it's gonna be an ear infection tom? I dunno but chances are I will not "let it run its course". I wanna try to work on his immune system to prevent this from happening again.

Would you rub some oils around his ear or put a garlic to see if that helps?

Also, poster above teething doesn’t usually cause such high fevers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:36 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Would you rub some oils around his ear or put a garlic to see if that helps?

Also, poster above teething doesn’t usually cause such high fevers

A sibling of mine is very into these oils. I thought abt it today just as a passing thought. Didn't do much with the thought though. Maybe tomorrow I'll go into a health food store and get something.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:02 am
He's possibly teething!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:21 am
I second the CBC recommendation

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 6:53 am
So now I'm really confused. All night he was totally fever free. Untill now. I feel stupid going back or maybe wait another day. It's not 104. He was even up at 530 all fine and dandy. I guess I'll decide over the next few hrs. I guess I also keep on eye on how he's acting.
ETA: the last time I gave him Tylenol was at 930 and Motrin at 730. I didn't need to give him around the clock cuz he was totally fine. Waking up to nurse as usual. These tiny little creatures love to keep us on our toes and make sure our schedule evolves all around them.

gold21

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So now I'm really confused. All night he was totally fever free. Untill now. I feel stupid going back or maybe wait another day. It's not 104. He was even up at 530 all fine and dandy. I guess I'll decide over the next few hrs. I guess I also keep on eye on how he's acting.
ETA: the last time I gave him Tylenol was at 930 and Motrin at 730. I didn't need to give him around the clock cuz he was totally fine. Waking up to nurse as usual. These tiny little creatures love to keep us on our toes and make sure our schedule evolves all around them.

Yeah, if the fever broke overnight, I would say you probably have nothing to worry about, but I guess you'll see how the day goes. Glad to hear it! B"H.

The garlic clove thing for ear infections sounds pretty cool though. But sounds like you may not be needing it. Natural fixes sit a lot better with me than the "wait it out" ideology. I'm not a "wait it out" person. Garlic clove idea sounds super cool and worth a shot if relevant.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:44 am
gold21 wrote:
Yeah, if the fever broke overnight, I would say you probably have nothing to worry about, but I guess you'll see how the day goes. Glad to hear it! B"H.

The garlic clove thing for ear infections sounds pretty cool though. But sounds like you may not be needing it. Natural fixes sit a lot better with me than the "wait it out" ideology. I'm not a "wait it out" person. Garlic clove idea sounds super cool and worth a shot if relevant.

I'm so happy to see that somebody "gets" me. I hate the "wait it out" approach. He's definitely feeling better now. I'm not running yet. I'll take it hr by hr.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:08 am
OP, you're a good mom!

I would RUN to the doctor with a fever like that. I'm "that mother" who drives the doctors crazy. I don't care. That's what they get paid for.

DD always ran really high fevers when she was teething. The pediatrician told me it was an old wives' tale, but DD thought differently. She's always pop up a few more teeth within 2 days of running a fever.

She got her first teeth at 3 and a half months. Surprised

I remember when she was around 5, and she was running so hot, it really scared me. She was laying down in front of a video, hardly watching. She was wearing nothing but her underwear, and still sweating. She was so lethargic that when I put a cold wet washcloth across her belly she didn't even react.

Just as I was reaching for the phone to call the doctor, she popped up and showed me that her first baby tooth had fallen out! I didn't even know that it was loose, because she never mentioned it.

Suddenly she was clear eyed, her temp was coming down, and within an hour she wanted to go outside and play. She wanted to show off to all of her friends that she's lost her first tooth. Very Happy

I must have gotten a dozen gray hairs that day. At wits end

B'H, that's the worst fever she's ever had. Even when she's down with the flu, she's not that hot.

Refuah Sheliemah to your little one. I hope it turns out to be something easily fixable, and he's back to normal ASAP.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:04 pm
My baby is bh feeling a lot better but decided to go to the Dr cuz he still has a fever and it's yt so I can't "wait another day" and it's an ear infection. So glad I took the hr off my chaotic house.

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is bh feeling a lot better but decided to go to the Dr cuz he still has a fever and it's yt so I can't "wait another day" and it's an ear infection. So glad I took the hr off my chaotic house.

Oh man, did he give you antibiotics?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yay! In my opinion ear infections are the best illness because they're easy to diagnose, easy to treat and not contagious.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:09 pm
gold21 wrote:

Yes

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:10 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Yay! In my opinion ear infections are the best illness because they're easy to diagnose, easy to treat and not contagious.

Exactly my thoughts.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:11 pm
gold21 wrote:

Im not shocked at all. One ear cleared up on its own and the other became infected from the fluid. It can happen either way. Last time it turned into a bad double. It's the teething stage. Now I'm left working on his immune system to hopefully prevent it from happening again.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics