Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Low Oxygen!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:17 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
How is a level of 91 even remotely similar to 67??

Similar story, mask caused my oxygen level to go down. Its a danger to your health

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:19 pm
It's not that people don't believe you but that number just doesn't make sense if you said it was 92 I don't think people would debate you, but 67 is not normally low sounds more like an error reading such a jump in 2 min with no oxygen won't happen. And if so your ddr should have rushed your child to a hospital. Also before covid plenty people wore masks including at risk children around germs just you didn't notice it as much .

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The doc checking his oxygen and it being low the minute the mask is removed it went to normal that’s odd.

Was it a slow increase (reading of 67, then 71, then 78 etc for example) or an immediate jump from 67 to 97? An immediate jump would indicate that it was an equipment issue. A slow rise is more likely to be real.

CiCi

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:22 pm
It's laughable how many people saw fit to bash me when I repeatedley said that wearing masks is unhealthy and studies will eventually show how it negatively affects the body when it's simply common sense that rebreathing one's waste and retsricting oxygen will affect the body adversely. Without a doubt many people will be affected for life. And all for trying to prevent the unpreventable. The situation is pathetic.

Last edited by CiCi on Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

esuss

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:22 pm
Maybe 67 was his heartrate and not the O2 reading?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Had a similar story. Was dizzy and extremely weak doctor check my oxygen level was 91 took of mask 99. Doctor said he's seeing this everyday. Some people developed an infection in the lungs due to wearing masks for too long.

I have heard of people getting infections from masks but you need to change wash more often then most people realize. a disposable one should not be reused I send washable ones with my kids I am always telling them please change during the day to a clean one and wash them every night.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I have heard of people getting infections from masks but you need to change wash more often then most people realize. a disposable one should not be reused I send washable ones with my kids I am always telling them please change during the day to a clean one and wash them every night.

It comes from breathing in your own air over and over again.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It comes from breathing in your own air over and over again.

That's a false concept. The CO2 particle is quite small - significantly smaller than the virus. The exhaled CO2 filters out right through pores of the mask.

Here's one source for a breakdown of the myths about mask:

masks-myths

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 5:45 pm
esuss wrote:
Maybe 67 was his heartrate and not the O2 reading?

That’s a good thought but a heart rate of 67 in a six year old is slow enough to be somewhat concerning itself.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 5:53 pm
if that level was real evaluate your child for a cardiac defect . that's the only way a child can function with such a low level and remain conscious. (if theres shunting )
it clearly wasnt accurate.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:07 pm
If you dont want to wear a mask,dont, whatever...

HOWEVER, dont resort to making fraudulent mocking claims. Thousands of people have been wearing masks for 12+ hours a day for many years and, not only are they perfectly healthy, they are the ones doing complicated surgery on you, building all types of construction etc. My own immunocompromised child with complex medical issues wore a mask for months last year due to the measles outbreak and my child was fine.

No ones oxygen level changes from 67 to 97 in the span of one minute. Obviously something was wrong with the pulse ox machine.

I will grant you that masks can be hot, uncomfortable, feel like it's harder to breathe if you're not used to it. But, if you're a healthy person with no respiratory medical condition, it is perfectly healthy to wear a mask. If you dont feel like stretching out of your comfort zone for the health of others, then dont. It's your problem. But dont get on here and belittle all the people being considerate of our vulnerable population andxwearing masks when in large gatherings

rae

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:15 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Most disturbing about this is the reaction of the doctor.

OP may your son have a refuah sheleimah.

Most disturbing if this is how you’re all jumping up to defend masks over sympathizing with op. My son used to get 107 fever every time he was sick. But he was running around and playing so doctors were not worried. Maybe her son has a lower baseline, maybe the pulse ox was not working but his oxygen was still too low. BECAUSE OF MASK.
Even those of you who seriously believe masks are necessary, you can’t hear that for some it’s harmful????!!!!!!

rae

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Most disturbing about this is the reaction of the doctor.

OP may your son have a refuah sheleimah.

And are you a doctor?? So you’re only not disturbed by doctors who agree with you??

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:22 pm
I think it’s really rude to call OP a liar.
The machine might very well have been broken or the reading was off for different reasons, but I doubt she had nothing better to do than fabricate a story like that.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:25 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I think it’s really rude to call OP a liar.
The machine might very well have been broken or the reading was off for different reasons, but I doubt she had nothing better to do than fabricate a story like that.

I don’t think she’s lying. I think she’s confused. I don’t even think it’s not possible that masks might cause lower oxygen levels. But she got some facts wrong.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:30 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t think she’s lying. I think she’s confused. I don’t even think it’s not possible that masks might cause lower oxygen levels. But she got some facts wrong.

The machine might’ve been confused too... whatever it is, if someone posts a story here it’s wrong to make her feel like she fabricated it.
Even if it doesn’t make sense.
Btw I’m thinking the reading might’ve been 67, even if it wasn’t actually 67, but the mask prevented it from reading accurately.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:34 pm
A dr told me his sister had coronavirus and was in oxygen and any time she’d slightly exert herself her numbers dropped to crazy numbers that he would only see in unconscious ppl. He didn’t believe the members the first few times. But each time she would even get out of bed to go to the bathroom it would happen. Some how she stay conscious during huge drops.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:06 pm
It's called happy hypoxia. I know someone who had this with coronavirus

cbsp

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 8:53 pm
ectomorph wrote:
It's called happy hypoxia. I know someone who had this with coronavirus

I remember reading many articles about it.

Here's a sampling :

https://www.lung.org/media/pre.....id-19

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....7783/

https://www.emsworld.com/artic.....id-19

The last one even mentions a pulse ox of 67 - and the way he thought he was feeling he would have flown a plane in that condition!

dveikus

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 8:56 pm
If masks are really so dangerous, then how do surgeons not only survive 10 hours-long surgeries while wearing masks, but perform surgery as well?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics