Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO Maternity Shabbos Robe in Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 6:50 pm
Title says it is all.

(I can add reasonable prices but why waste my breath)

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:00 pm
I got a nice robe at Rabinowitz. I also saw some robes at mom 2 b.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:01 pm
Good luck!
I wanted an all year round one, so at the end of June I went hopping around for a summer robe. They all laughed at me. There was so little stock due to corona and whatever did come in got sold out in no time. So I knew for the new season I will shop early. I went to Faigy's one day at the end of August and she said next week. I waited until the week after because that week my kids were starting school/cheder. By the time I came in, there was nothing in my size left. They offered me robe tops but I'm too sensory for a skirt on my waist all Shabbos/YT.

I went to Lingerie Shop and couldn't find a thing. Maternity isn't clearly labelled, the store was mobbed, and there was nobody helpful around.

I went back to Faigy's and bought a robe too big on me, took it to the seamstress to make it fit, and BH it's good. I wore it now RH and am happy to just have a one-piece robe that fits.

You can also check out Dimensions. I didn't find anything when I went and it seemed like most of their pieces require a shell.

As I said, good luck!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:10 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Good luck!
I wanted an all year round one, so at the end of June I went hopping around for a summer robe. They all laughed at me. There was so little stock due to corona and whatever did come in got sold out in no time. So I knew for the new season I will shop early. I went to Faigy's one day at the end of August and she said next week. I waited until the week after because that week my kids were starting school/cheder. By the time I came in, there was nothing in my size left. They offered me robe tops but I'm too sensory for a skirt on my waist all Shabbos/YT.

I went to Lingerie Shop and couldn't find a thing. Maternity isn't clearly labelled, the store was mobbed, and there was nobody helpful around.

I went back to Faigy's and bought a robe too big on me, took it to the seamstress to make it fit, and BH it's good. I wore it now RH and am happy to just have a one-piece robe that fits.

You can also check out Dimensions. I didn't find anything when I went and it seemed like most of their pieces require a shell.

As I said, good luck!

Oh no 🤦🏻‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I got a nice robe at Rabinowitz. I also saw some robes at mom 2 b.

Ty. What/where is Rabinowitz?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:12 pm
Also gonna need .... Oy. Was gonna go this week. In general which maternity store was most reasonably priced and had a nice selection?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty. What/where is Rabinowitz?

Robe Gallery on 59 near Estee's.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:24 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Also gonna need .... Oy. Was gonna go this week. In general which maternity store was most reasonably priced and had a nice selection?

Faigy's is most reasonably priced maternity store because she manufactures her own things. The robe I got sold for $99. In most places you should be ready to spend $160 on a robe.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Faigy's is most reasonably priced maternity store because she manufactures her own things. The robe I got sold for $99. In most places you should be ready to spend $160 on a robe.

Does she have nice stuff besides robes? I need like basic weekday clothing, or dresses. (I've never gone into her store, I think I've gone into every other one in Monsey though by previous pregnancies)

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:32 pm
Lingerie shop
Faigy’s maternity
Robe gallery

These stores all have lingerie shop though has the best sale rack

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Does she have nice stuff besides robes? I need like basic weekday clothing, or dresses. (I've never gone into her store, I think I've gone into every other one in Monsey though by previous pregnancies)

Depends on your taste in clothes. Her stuff are mostly conservatively styled. I like classy, so I am more successful there than any other Jewish place. (I also got dresses on Amazon and some tops in Century 21.)

And her skirts are the best! Comfortable, washable, fit well. Her salesladies are helpful and honest, and the customer service is amazing. I am not in any way related to her, but I've been a loyal customer of hers for the last 10 years.

healthy18

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:34 pm
I got a nice maxi dress/robe at mom to be last week. Wore it on Yom Tov and it's super comfortable!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Lingerie shop
Faigy’s maternity
Robe gallery

These stores all have lingerie shop though has the best sale rack

If you find on their sales rack, you can do really well. But when I went there were very few options there.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:44 pm
My maxi dress from Amazon lasted me comfortably from pre pregnancy to postpartum. I think it was just $25. Maybe do a search for something you like.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
My maxi dress from Amazon lasted me comfortably from pre pregnancy to postpartum. I think it was just $25. Maybe do a search for something you like.

Thanks I actually just ordered one for everyday but I need a dressy robe that will make me feel pretty for y”t.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics