Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Doing laundry daily
Previous  1  2

ora_43

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 5:25 am
Totally normal.

(also, I doubt your mom really did just one load a week, from what I see one load per week per person is usually the minimum - add more for things like bedwetting, kids (or adults) who are less than organized, big guys with big clothes, lots of delicate girly clothes that need special laundry settings... etc. Although of course the size of your laundry machine is a big factor here).

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:34 am
I have 3 kids so that makes it 5 people in the house.
I don't enjoy laundry, so doing every day made me dislike it even more. I chose to rather do twice a week, Monday and Wednesday or Thursday, all laundry than every day a little. Like that I know, these two days are dedicated for the real laundry n then I have a 'break'. I may be doing less clothing in a load and more loads or more clothing n less loads, depending on my mood, but the bulk gets done on those 2 days.
Towels and rags I do as needed, any day.
Linen I specifically don't do on a regular laundry day.

Don't worry, I'm not perfect n many times the folding or packing away ends up being done the next day lol

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:42 am
I have five kids and do 2-3 loads a day. Sometimes more, sometimes a day will go by without any loads.

I separate everything. (I have the kids separate right when they put it in the hamper - there is a hamper for darks, for lights, for delicates, for towels, etc. When they were little the hampers were labelled; by now they know where things go).

I also doubt your mom did just a load a week, but in any case remember things were different a generation ago. Not everyone washed their outer clothing every single day. People would wear a shirt for a few days if it didn't smell, etc.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:01 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Family of 3, 2 adults plus one school girl (no uniform).
Do about 5 or 6 loads weekly. Sometimes it's 1 a day, sometimes it's twice a week 2/3 loads.
1 towels
1 white (hubby's daily polos undershirts and usually a tzitzis or two
1 dark (socks, underwear included)
1 daughters clothes
The 5th or 6th can be either hubby's pants, either delicates, either linen, sometimes load of rags...always something. Sometimes daughter needs two loads a week, depending on if she wore dif pairs of pjs every day and if she needed to change her Shabbos outfit 3 times that week or not.
Wow, we are also a family of 3 and we do 1 or 2 liads a week. And then another load of bedding when that needs to be done as well.

mommy best

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:13 am
SingALong wrote:
I do about 8-10 loads a day, 7 kids, 2 adults. If I don’t then I literally have no place for the piles of dirty laundry. Motzaei Shabbos I throw in 3-4 loads, depending on the Zman. Some loads are separate delicate stuff that goes alone with no other clothing....towels get washed daily...

How do u manage to fold that many loads a day!?! At wits end

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tysm to all replies. Also feeling frustrated with 2 bedwetters and the crazy laundry from that. Tried everything. Does it ever end. Older is already 11.

I’ve got a bed wetter also....definitely makes laundry seem like ALL. THE. TIME.

sweet

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:23 am
The best thing I took along with us when we moved from my old apt. Was my washing machine and dryer.
So now I have 2 washing machines, dryers and it cut my laundry days in half!
I still do laundry 3 times a week but it doesn't take all day!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 5:00 pm
Kah, 4 per week unless some reason/needed

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:36 am
SingALong wrote:
I do about 8-10 loads a day, 7 kids, 2 adults. If I don’t then I literally have no place for the piles of dirty laundry. Motzaei Shabbos I throw in 3-4 loads, depending on the Zman. Some loads are separate delicate stuff that goes alone with no other clothing....towels get washed daily...

Can you elaborate on your method? Do you wash everyone's clothes and linen, etc each day? And do you wash each person's separately? Do you fold right away? I have a big family knh, work full day, and am drowning in laundry woes...

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 1:20 pm
It’s true about the fire hazard. They say not to leave the dryer running while you sleep.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics