Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
8 month old breath holding-stopped breathing
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 11:59 pm
I once ran to maimonedes hospital when my 12 month old did this. She got a boo boo, opened her mouth to cry, and nothing came out she just passed out. Took her to emergency room and they were so stupid there. They thought maybe she had a contact seizure, and what I was describing didn't make sense. As if I was fudging the details of the story because I didn't want to say the "real" story. After she did it a few more times over the year we realized it was breath holding when she was getting ready to hysterically cry. my mil informed that "oh yeah, your husband used to hold his breath too."

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:51 am
My daughter used to do it and then she would vomit when she came too.. it happened after hurting herself. It was very scary but they never found a problem. She grew out by around age 3.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:58 am
Thanks for all responses.
He did it's in today but not as bad, just passed out, didn't stop breathing b"h.
I am happy to hear it's not dangerous and from what I read they always come back to themselves.
I really hope he won't do it too much as I just about found a babysitter that us happy try out having him (it's his 3rd) because he is so difficult. But extremely cute!

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all responses.
He did it's in today but not as bad, just passed out, didn't stop breathing b"h.
I am happy to hear it's not dangerous and from what I read they always come back to themselves.
I really hope he won't do it too much as I just about found a babysitter that us happy try out having him (it's his 3rd) because he is so difficult. But extremely cute!

We literally got kicked out of babysitters because of this... it’s mainly just an inconvenience.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics