Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much cost to revive a waterlogged samsung cell

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 2:43 pm
I was texting back and forth important phone numbers and messages to dh and dropped my phone into liquid phone buttons and screen doesnt work-but it does turn on. Not looking to spend to much but I'm aggravevated over the missing numbers. Thank God I have insurance but I need to send my phone to them right away. Ideas who could retrieve them

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 3:00 pm
When this happened to me, I opened it up and waited a few days for it to completely dry out. It would also turn on and off but the screen didn't work. I took it to the shop, and paid about 200 NIS for a new screen, which he installed on the spot. Problem solved.

2gether

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 4:42 pm
sometimes putting it in rice and waiting for it to dry works better then paying to get it fixed

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:27 pm
Its been weeks and that hasn't happened meanwhile I'm suffering with my "dumb phone"

meeze

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:39 pm
Put it in a bag full of uncooked rice. That shod help

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:09 pm
Open it up, separate all the pieces, and bury them all in a big bucket full of rice (2-3 pounds). Let sit for a week. Do so ASAP.
Next time do this right away.
Good luck!

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 12:39 am
Just a PSA as to why your phone with its critical information should be backed up continually.

Phones are broken, stolen and lost frequently. They also die. How do you transfer data when you get a new phone.

I have an iPhone and so everything on my iPhone is backed up to iCloud automatically and synched to all my devices. I would imagine the Android OS would also have backups that work automatically.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics