Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Visiting Canada & the quarantine
Previous  1  2

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
All of you talking about going for sukkos are your DH just not going to go to shul on yom tov? My in laws are begging us to come but DH won't hear of it after davening alone for 3 months now and finally being able to be back in shul there is no way he will voluntarily go and put himself in quarantine.

Yes no Shul for DH. His parents have no kids there and kibud av is a doraysa. Like someone else said, I can't imagine simchos torah in quartine, (though unfortunately its a reality for some).

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:23 pm
we' ve been through the border twice since quarentine. it really depends on the border agent. my husband and kids are canadian, I am not. we made sure to bring proof of my kids canadian citenzenship( we made them canadian in the US) both times we went for a couple of days. they took down the loction where we were staying and the phone number as well. they called to check on us both times. one time we had already went back to the US. There have been people who they came to check on in person. We iyh plan on going for succos and pray they let us thru again.. we will not be leaving the house until its time to go back to the USA. they are very stict in Canada there is a large fine plus possible imprisonment for breaking quarentine

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
This prob doesn't apply for this trip, but since the rule is to quarantine for 2 weeks, they know you are lying if you show up with too little luggage. you have to be quarantining in a place with it own room for sleeping, and bathroom. They will ask for your plans of eating. (Your in-laws will leave food outside the door.) You will tell them the address of where you are quarantining and your reachable phone number. They will call you every day, once for each member of your family to confirm that you are quarantining. They may check up on you in person as well.

Hatzlacha and have a safe trip! On

We are also thinking of going for sukkos. Could you imagine quarantining for simchas torah???!!! Life is sad 😢

My sister traveled with a tiny carry on. They didn’t care. They didn’t ask about her accommodations and didn’t call or visit at all.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:11 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Hi. We plan on going to Canada for Succos. Yes, I know the border is closed but DH is a Canadian and the rules state that a Canadian citizen, their spouse and dependent children are allowed to go with them. I know we'll have to quarantine but its only for a few days as I was told we can leave anytime, just not go anywhere while there. We plan on staying by my in-laws If anybody here who lives in the States but is either a Canadian citizen or their spouse is, and has actually gone to Canada, since the border was shut (and they started allowing in dependents-happened at a latter date), please tell me what they've asked you at Canadian customs so we can know be prepared. We plan on following all the rules but sometimes if you say the wrong thing it can mess you up. Please only answer if you or someone you know actually has gone, and not a hypothetical situation as Id like to hear real experiences. You can PM if u want. Thanks.

I don’t mean to be rude but please abide by our rules.

If you are from the US you need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Please follow our rules. We’ve seen how in the US no one has any regard for any rules and it’s spreading like wildfire. We are trying to keep it controlled up here as best as possible. If you insist on coming up at least follow the rules of our land. Isn’t that the whole thing that Americans always complain about with other immigrants? Is the update break the laws? Don’t break our laws!If you are from the US you need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

Please follow our rules. We’ve seen how in the US no one has any regard for anything and it’s spreading like wildfire. We are trying to keep it controlled up here as best as possible. If you insist on coming up at least follow the rules of our land.

Isn’t that the whole thing that Americans always complain about with other immigrants? They break the laws? Don’t break our laws.

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 2:32 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I don’t mean to be rude but please abide by our rules.

If you are from the US you need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Please follow our rules. We’ve seen how in the US no one has any regard for any rules and it’s spreading like wildfire. We are trying to keep it controlled up here as best as possible. If you insist on coming up at least follow the rules of our land. Isn’t that the whole thing that Americans always complain about with other immigrants? Is the update break the laws? Don’t break our laws!If you are from the US you need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

Please follow our rules. We’ve seen how in the US no one has any regard for anything and it’s spreading like wildfire. We are trying to keep it controlled up here as best as possible. If you insist on coming up at least follow the rules of our land.

Isn’t that the whole thing that Americans always complain about with other immigrants? They break the laws? Don’t break our laws.

We plan on following the rules. DH is a Canadian citizen and the rule is that his wife and dependents can enter with him. We plan on quarantining the whole time there. And even if we leave before 14 days we will be in our car the whole time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics