Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Don't know what I'm doing!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:55 pm
We are iyH moving from a rented apartment to our first home. I am overwhelmed thinking about how I will set up the new house. I appreciate a beuatifully set up home, but don't have the skill to do it myself. I am not (in any way) an interior designer, nor do I want to spend the money to higher one. How do I choose paint colours for the main floor/bedrooms? Pick out a new couch that matches well, bar stool chairs to match the kitchen, kids bedroom furniture....

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:03 pm
Go on Pinterest and look at idea boards to see what themes, colors, styles etc that you like.
Hatzlacha! Mazel tov!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:04 pm
There a website called houzz.com you can look up inspiration. If there a specific color you like you can search that wall colored rooms and see what style furniture goes with it. There are some really nice pieces there also and it will give you a link to that exact piece

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are iyH moving from a rented apartment to our first home. I am overwhelmed thinking about how I will set up the new house. I appreciate a beuatifully set up home, but don't have the skill to do it myself. I am not (in any way) an interior designer, nor do I want to spend the money to higher one. How do I choose paint colours for the main floor/bedrooms? Pick out a new couch that matches well, bar stool chairs to match the kitchen, kids bedroom furniture....

Did the same as you and also couldn’t afford a designer. What worked for me is looking at friends homes to get ideas of paint colors and designs, look around in a few furniture stores before buying and loads of pictures sent from me to friends and family for opinions before making final purchases or decisions. I ended up learning so much along the way. I developed my own taste after so much looking around and did a pretty good job after all.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 11:49 pm
A designer might be worth it, even just to pick out paint colors and give some suggestions. It will be cheaper than repainting if the color that looked great on the chip looks awful in the noon light on the wall. You don't have to hire someone for the full job, but having that expert advice can be invaluable.

If you absolutely will not do it, Houzz.com is amazing. But it can be a full time job to learn enough about it to make the right decisions.

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 1:18 am
You don’t have to do everything at once. Take it slow. Choose one room to work on at a time

Fave

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:10 am
I would hire a designer. It will save you a lot of time and angst.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating