Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Mothers saying 'my insert child's name'
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:23 pm
Dh has a younger sister with the same first name as me. Mil always refers to her as “my” (name). Emphasis on the my. Yes shvigger dear I know you love your daughter. No need to rub it in.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Dh has a younger sister with the same first name as me. Mil always refers to her as “my” (name). Emphasis on the my. Yes shvigger dear I know you love your daughter. No need to rub it in.

I have a sister and sister in law with the same name. Also a brother and brother in law. As well as various nieces and nephews. Somehow we all manage without "mine" or "yours" lol. It really isn't that confusing.
The use of "my" comes across as a bit, unaware, maybe? Kind of the way some people refer to their parents as "Mom" when talking to others not in the family. Just stands out as a bit quirky to me...

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 9:18 am
To judge someone as emotionally unhealthy based on a single speech pattern (and apparently only because you personally find it annoying) is as fair and correct as deciding that a person is drunk because you observe him throwing up into a wastebasket.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette