Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon Recipes
Previous  1  2

runninglate

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 10:02 am
thanks sushilover. It wasnt too good on the tilapia. My dh ate the whole piece of salmon and hes not a fish eater so it must have been good!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 5:26 pm
runninglate wrote:
also, ra mom, id love to get the three salmon recipes you mentioned if possible.
sorry, just saw your post now

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....iyaki

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....asabi

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....almon
(I like this salmon better fresh, not cold, but the sauce must be chilled for 2 hours before serving, so make that in advance)

runninglate

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 6:52 pm
thanks ra mom!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 30 2012, 6:55 pm
sure runninglate Smile

rainbow dash

Post Tue, May 01 2012, 12:16 pm
Thanks, I just made this on the stove top fried. Came out delicious!!!!!!

cs1

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 4:38 pm
this was delicious! I just made it for shabbos and got tons of compliments!

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 1:50 am
Any newer easy no-fail amazing recipes for Salmon (with the less ingredients and steps the better), that stays good tasting throughout Yom Tov?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:02 am
Mevater wrote:
Any newer easy no-fail amazing recipes for Salmon (with the less ingredients and steps the better), that stays good tasting throughout Yom Tov?

A couple of years ago Pesach, I made up an idiot-proof salmon that is now my go-to favorite.

Fresh salmon is best, but this works extremely well with frozen and makes it almost taste as good as fresh.

Get the thickest cuts of salmon filet you can find. Shmear the whole thing with honey. Wild honey is the best, because it has a deeper and more complex flavor. Honey is a natural humectant, which means that it attracts and keeps moisture, and won't allow the salmon to dry out.

Top the salmon with sliced onions, leeks, mushrooms, shallots, or any other veggie you want to add, as long as you think the flavors will go together well. You can also leave the veggies out if you want to serve them as a side.

Bake uncovered, but keep it slightly undercooked. It will continue to cook on it's own for several minutes after you turn off the heat. Leave it in the oven with the heat off, so that the temperature becomes even all through the fish.

It will be perfectly moist, and it is delicious warm or cold. I toss leftovers in a salad sometimes.

Honey is also a natural preservative, so the fish will stay fresh much longer, and not develop a "fishy" smell after a day or two. It's a great recipe for a 3 day yom tov, where you need a starter for all 3 days, because it will stay just as nice tasting as the day you made it.

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 2:31 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Honey is also a natural preservative, so the fish will stay fresh much longer, and not develop a "fishy" smell after a day or two. It's a great recipe for a 3 day yom tov, where you need a starter for all 3 days, because it will stay just as nice tasting as the day you made it.

Great, thanks! I'll try it.

ddmom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:21 pm
Mevater wrote:

Honey soy sauce salmon
1/2 soy sauce 1/2 honey
Spread on salmon. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
Bake covered 20 minutes, broil for the last 2 minutes. Adjust cooking time according to the size of your fish.
Super easy and super delicious!!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:31 pm
A few cubes of frozen dill defrosted , mixed with honey , mayonnaise and mustard .
Sprinkle each salmon fillet with kosher salt. Smear on the dill dressing onto each slice. Bake uncovered in a preheated oven on 400 for 20 minutes.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:25 am
sushilover wrote:
I have yet to meet the person who does not like my Viennese fish. It’s a sweetish, tangy-ish breaded fish.

Sprinkle salmon with paprika and a bit of garlic powder
Let it sit for 15- 30 min

Make a mixture of :
2 T mustard
2 T sugar
½ cup oil
1 ½ T vinegar
Mix and smear onto salmon

Roll into breadcrumbs
Bake at 350 for 45 min (dh likes it slightly burnt, so I bake his slices for longer)
Drizzle sauce from the bottom of pan onto the fish
Yields 5 slices

I have no idea if Sushilover is still on this site since this is such an old post but I wanted to come on and thank you. I needed a salmon recipe for erev Yom Kippur and stumbled across this one. It was a huge hit and was unanimously requested for supper again tonight. Thanks!

shmosmom

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 7:46 am
sushilover wrote:
I have yet to meet the person who does not like my Viennese fish. It’s a sweetish, tangy-ish breaded fish.

Sprinkle salmon with paprika and a bit of garlic powder
Let it sit for 15- 30 min

Make a mixture of :
2 T mustard
2 T sugar
½ cup oil
1 ½ T vinegar
Mix and smear onto salmon

Roll into breadcrumbs
Bake at 350 for 45 min (dh likes it slightly burnt, so I bake his slices for longer)
Drizzle sauce from the bottom of pan onto the fish
Yields 5 slices

Thank you so much for this recipe. I made it this weekend and my family and all the guests loved it. I replaced the vinegar with lemon juice and baked it for 30 minutes and every slice went.

Canarycollision

Post Sun, Jan 03 2021, 11:02 pm
Smear oil and season with Steak Spice and minced garlic spice.
Broil for 10-15 minutes depending on size.

It is super easy, quick, and delicious.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 10:00 pm
Hippi Dippi,
I made maple salmon tonight and it was delicious! Thank you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics