Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Poll: Do you work full time? PT? Stay home? Unemployed?.....
1  2  3  4  Next

Poll: Do you work full time? PT? Stay home?...
I work more then full time (over 40 hours)  
 7%  [ 30 ]
I work full time (36 -40 hrs)  
 22%  [ 97 ]
I work part time (15-36 hrs)  
 34%  [ 144 ]
I work very part time (under 15 hrs)  
 10%  [ 46 ]
My hours vary by a lot (explain/ write amounts below)  
 2%  [ 10 ]
I stay at home  
 17%  [ 72 ]
I'm unemployed and looking for a job  
 3%  [ 14 ]
I'm retired  
 0%  [ 2 ]
other (please explain below)  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 422

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:22 pm
Just curious what percentage of each category the posters on here make up....

If you don't fit into any category because the hours vary slightly from week to week, just try to pick the one that happens more often.... If your hours vary by a lot (like if your job is more seasonal and etc... ) pick the choice that says it varies by a lot and explain blow.

edta It would have been more correct to wrote "I dont work" instead of "I stay home" but I dont know how to change it now...I'm guessing everyone knows what I mean anyways.

Feel free to add in the comments below the amount of hours you picked and what type of job you do

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:29 pm
I work full time but from home, and my hours are super flexible.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:52 pm
I work PT from home 8-15 hours a week, and I mostly make my own hours.
For the past 15 years I worked out of the home, 40 hours when I was younger and about 30 hours the past 10 years. Last year was the first year I worked from home and it was such a bracha I was available once my kids were out of school for months.
Bh loving what I do now, and so thankful I have this opportunity. Took a lot of years of hard work to get to this point.

sunshine5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:55 pm
28 hours..

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:20 pm
I picked 40+ hours which is true but I have an in home legal daycare aka playgroup. So I wouldn't say I have a classic very full time job where I hardly see my kids during the day. It definitely feels like an exhausting full time job though!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:22 pm
I work 32 hours at one job out of the house and I work another 10-11 hours for another job at home (remotely)

singleagain

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:23 pm
I'm technically full time. But I almost every week hit over 40.

Partly bc I stay late and come I Sunday.

And live with my folks .. so that allows me flexibility

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:24 pm
I work exactly 40 hours a week out of the home but my office is less then a mile from my house so I have no commute. Otherwise I couldnt handle it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:26 pm
I chose other. I'm a teacher. I spend 21 hours a week in the classroom but about 18-28 additional hours doing prep at home.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:42 pm
More than full time. Right now I am working from home due to COVID, with no travel. Normally, I work about 25 minutes' drive from home with occasional travel.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:03 pm
Part time flexible hours from home. I work for myself.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:04 pm
My contract says 24 hours a week, and that allows for two days studying, so during the year I am out of the house full time, but only earning three days a week.

Over the summer, while I haven't been studying, I've added lots of extra time at work. I'm in healthcare, so Corona has meant that want all the extra hours we can give. It's sometimes been unusual hours working evenings or Motzei Shabbos, but it's added up to approximately full time.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:05 pm
And I’ll take this opportunity to share my amazement and awe of all those working full time moms who make YT. Not worthy You are incredible!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:06 pm
I used to work almost full time hours, but because of Covid I've been cut back to just a few hours a week.

I'm somewhat disabled with multiple chronic illnesses, so it's not like I can just go out and get any job (not that there's a lot out there right now anyway.) Besides, my Hebrew is not at a level where I could use it in the workplace.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:32 pm
More than full time. I own a business — I do residential and kitchen design, space planning, and sell kitchen cabinets. But I don't have kids at home anymore.

Wonderful DDIL just had a baby and I've been helping her out a bit. Enough to throw off my schedule to the point where I went into Rosh Hashana utterly and completely exhausted. I agree with SuperWify — I'm in awe of mothers who work full time and make YomTov.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:44 pm
Work in my office around 72 hours per week.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:05 pm
I am a stay at home mom, working physically and emotionally much harder than all of you together.
Is there such a thing as a non-working mother???

bigsis144

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:11 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I am a stay at home mom, working physically and emotionally much harder than all of you together.
Is there such a thing as a non-working mother???

I’m a stay at home mother too, but I don’t believe in putting other people down to “win” the Mommy Wars. It’s not a competition.

Please. It’s Aseres Yemei Teshuva.

I daven for you, amother Puce, that whatever your unique challenges are, that HaShem ease your burdens and you find time and space for yourself and the things that bring you joy. 💗

-Sunnygirl

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:16 pm
I work around 22 hours per week. I guess that's considered part time...

-Sunnygirl

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:17 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Work in my office around 72 hours per week.

Wow!! what do you do? what are your hours?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics