Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why would anyone choose not to take the NIPT test?
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 3:40 pm
Not every syndrome will show up on ultrasound however usually if there are medical complications along with the syndrome the medical issues will. Not every child with a syndrome has medical complications and needs higher level of care.

simcha2

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 3:51 pm
With my older kids they didn't have the NIPT, they had the triple screen (and then the quad screen) which were notoriously unreliable. I felt no need to br given a percentage chance of a problem that I couldn't/ wouldn't do anything about.

By the time I had my youngest I was way over 35 and they had the NIPT which is much more accurate, we decided to do it, figuring if there was an issuecw could prepare mentally and practically (having a nicu team at the birth for example). We weren't interested in finding out the gender so that made no difference

As it was it showed everything was fine. DC was later diagnosed with a serious condition for which there is no test.

But, I'm glad we did it.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I know people who had false positives and everything was fine. I wouldn't do anything anyway. So might as well wait for baby to be born.

People keep on claiming it is 99% accurate but based on people I know it isn't. A lot of times these tests are more reliable in theory than practice
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics