Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How are you managing?

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 5:55 pm
When Covid hit I was still employed but the nature of my job was very limited so I was available to help my kids with zoom and just take care of the kids--baby and toddler while my husband was also working full-time. The main thing I delegated to my husband was the kitchen. Then when things started opening up again I was back at work "full-time" we added in cleaning help towards the end of the summer b/c I just couldn't keep up. Now I'm trying to get my work done, I'm exhausted all the time and I didn't do ANY cooking for y"t. I "only" worked, did laundry and a few errands. I don't know where my time is going, but I'm busy constantly and my house always looks a wreck, and not even cooking. My kids got used to "summer vacation" and less structure and are not happy with the now "limited free time" so they refuse to help out with almost anything. What am I doing wrong? I used to "keep it together" and now I feel dysfunctional. Is this "post-traumatic covid syndrome?" an

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:01 pm
I use a time-tracker to help me stay organized. The “then now” app.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:08 pm
Best tip ever. Track your screen time and see how much time you are wasting on your phone. This changed my life as I didn’t realize how much time I was wasting. Good luck!

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 6:44 pm
My work is mostly "screen time" so that wouldn't work, and any other screen time is practically my only "socialization". I used to thrive on making lists--but now I feel like I have no time to make the lists.

miami85

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:10 pm
I just feel like I'm busy from morning to night and it doesn't look like I did anything and everywhere I turn there's things to be done.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:14 pm
This has always been my reality, nothing new during Covid What . So I dont have an answer for you, just sympathy Confused .

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:18 pm
I know it’s really hard to disengage from the screen. But trust me you will have a new lease on life by curtailing your usage. Best part is you get to be a role model for your kids on healthy screen usage and your kids will be much calmer and adjusted. Try it today:) I learned this the hard way...

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 3:04 pm
There are days where my "screen time" is my only break during the day, but it's like I can't afford to work less and I don't have the energy to do more than I'm doing. How is everyone else managing?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 3:26 pm
Its funny because in some ways I feel the same. My life was crazy hectic before covid, but that’s just how it was for years, I never thought about it.
Then with covid I didn’t work and only started again beginning of summer when kids had camp etc. since then I constantly feel like what you described.
I think it’s because of that “break”. Thought I would get back used to it but still feel like my life is crazy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics