Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Sukkah decoration idea to do with kids in quarantine

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:45 am
Hey I’m looking for sukkah decoration ideas to do with kids 5 and 8 in quarantine. Any ideas very much appreciated!

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:58 am
Beautiful stars and snowflakes (you could either make them from slightly plastified paper or laminate them):

Baskets to hang up fruit (pomegrante, dates, figs, olives)

or more complex

Simple garlands for the small one, perhaps from metallic paper, or more complex ones:

Take a piece of styrofoam, dress it with dark velvet, do a drawing (etrog, lulav, sukka, bracha) with shiny sequins

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:12 pm
Thank you!

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:26 pm
Do you need more ideas?

Can you watch the Youtube videos?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:29 pm
I'm not sure what ages this is for. It will depend also on how creative the kids are. I did this as a girl, but I was pretty creative if I do say so myself : ) If the Mom has creative suggestions it will also work. You could talk with them about what they remember about each person from Parsha classes etc.

I made mine from a large piece of leather-look vinyl. I folded it in seven accordion style, drew and cut out the outline of a man with a beard in a robe, if you follow me, like a chain of paper dolls. Although if the fabric was heavy (as I think it was) I probably didn't cut it all at once. I think each person was about a foot high.

Then on each man I attached various creative items to symbolize the Ushpizin. So for Yosef I found a bright striped fabric & made him a coat. Dovid Hamelech was a harp made of silver foil & a crown.

Avrohom was a little tent with doors & a palm tree. Yitzchok was mizbeach made of little pebbles, topped with little twigs. Yaakov was a ladder made of twigs with little pebbles at the bottom (his dream and the 12 stones).
Aharon of course a choshen with various colored pieces of glass beads for the stones. Now I think I'd try to make little golden bells & rimonim on the bottom too!

Moshe Rabbeinu must have been luchos though I don't remember what I used.
So you see why it needed a strong backing as the items could be heavy.

Now that I think about it I'm in the mood to make it again! Maybe I'll get the grandkids to come over & help me!

queene

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:38 pm
Simple paper chains
The kids can cut strips and you can staple
Or for a kid too young to cut they can color on paper and then older kids cut and you staple.

ImmaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:53 pm
queene wrote:
Simple paper chains
The kids can cut strips and you can staple
Or for a kid too young to cut they can color on paper and then older kids cut and you staple.

If you use scrapbook paper for the paper chains it looks really different and exciting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 5:57 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
Do you need more ideas?

Can you watch the Youtube videos?

Yes I watched the videos they’re very clear! Any other super ideas welcome.

Wow to the ushpizin idea! Very cool! May be too intense for them but I’ll see if my big ones are interested in sukkah decorating
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics