Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Can we talk about these LOL dolls for a hot minute
Previous  1  2  3

blessedflower

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:46 am
I'm now embarrassingly disgusted TMI . My dd got such a mini baby doll a long time ago as a present. And it said on it that it changes when put in cold water. So we did that and it got weird stripes and dots on the body, I thought it looked stupid but I didn't realize it was supposed to be zexy or lingery... now I'm so disgusted. I think I'm going to secretly throw it away. My dd has a million dolls anyway Puke Puke Puke

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:54 am
blessedflower wrote:
I'm now embarrassingly disgusted TMI . My dd got such a mini baby doll a long time ago as a present. And it said on it that it changes when put in cold water. So we did that and it got weird stripes and dots on the body, I thought it looked stupid but I didn't realize it was supposed to be zexy or lingery... now I'm so disgusted. I think I'm going to secretly throw it away. My dd has a million dolls anyway Puke Puke Puke

Don't feel embarrassed. Feel proud of your innocence. The chances are that your daughter had no idea what it was - and because you didn't, she still thinks it is a strange pattern, with no significance. If you had known what it meant, she would have picked up some of that awareness. Your not knowing, saved her.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 4:09 pm
The bad news, is that they are in Israel. They're called O.M.O. dolls here, but the packaging is exactly the same.

The good news, is that when I saw them at the corner store, I asked the clerk "Do you know what these dolls look like?" He had no idea, so I told him all about the changing underwear, and the boy dolls with boy parts. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head! Surprised

I was very nice and non judgmental. I simply said "You might want to warn parents in advance if they want to buy these, or you may get some angry parents coming back to the store. I guess they might be a funny adult novelty, but they are definitely NOT for children."

The clerk immediately grabbed an empty cardboard box and started taking all of the dolls down from the displays at the front. He said "I'm going to take these in the back and tell the manager as soon as he comes in. I told him "Don't take my word for it, just have the manager search YouTube for "LOL dolls" and he'll see what the problem was.

I also told him not to feel bad, because I just learned about them today, and happened to see them as I was checking out. They weren't there a few days ago, so this must all be pretty new for the area.

Now keep in mind, this is a little makolet that is run by secular Jews, in a mixed secular and religious neighborhood. We're not talking about Charediville here. Still, they were quite concerned, and didn't hesitate to pull them out of public view, no matter how popular they are with the under 8 age set.

I was really proud of them! Score one for the good guys (and girls.) Very Happy

If you see something, SAY SOMETHING. We all have a voice in how our children are raised.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:52 pm
I want to thank the OP for bringing this to my attention. Right after reading your post I ran to my daughters LOL bin and threw all the dolls in cold water. I don’t know why it never crossed my mind how bad this is, where is my brain?! I right away trashed 2 and I was even horrified to see the last doll mimic playboy models. The little nips came out after emerging from ice water.. just everything about this is so wrong!!
I’m slowly going to get rid of them but I wonder if I can get reimbursed from the company as we really invested a nice buck in these..
I hope my daughter is not damaged 😭

https://I.imgur.com/OgKab8x.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/g1TBk1h.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/6BtOpR5.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/eu2VyqC.jpg

https://I.imgur.com/QFxkDeN.jpg

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:28 am
Didn't try the ice water - I can't imagine the one my daughter has looking more edgy than it does already.
I'm waiting for an opportunity to make it disappear. And I somehow need to make sure the gift giver doesn't send any more our way...

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I recently ordered a really beautiful realistic set of newborn boy/girl twin dolls from amazon for my daughter. I only realized a few days later when she was playing with them that they have correctly shaped boy/girls parts as well. I thought it was weird, I thought it was a given that dolls get a blank between their legs, but just shrugged it off. She has a baby brother in the house, this didn't give her an education. Am I nuts that I wasn't horrified by this?

This is very different. You're response to that type of doll is a shrug because those dolls are designed to be more realistic, not for any other sinister reason. Many would still be uncomfortable with them, but they don't elicit the horrified reactions you are seeing here.

On the other hand the LOL and OMG dolls are clearly feeding into a negative and base culture (and that is a mild definition). They are painted up and detailed to look trashy.
That is the difference.

You may choose to have neither types of doll in your home, but you can't compare them at all.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics