Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does anyone have a child with a super strong heartbeat?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:21 pm
I’m not sure what section to put this in. Since my daughter is a baby, I’ve noticed she has a SUPER strong heart beat. Like super strong. My ped never said anything about it until her last well visit a few months ago. She’s a super active (read: sensory seeking) kid, who is literally like the energizer bunny- she just goes and goes until her batteries die, and then all of a sudden she just conks out.
Anyway, so when I took her for her well visit, the ped mentioned it and asked if she’d ever been seen by a cardiologist. I said I’d noticed it since she was a baby but no one ever said anything about it.
So I’m just wondering....is it a sign of something being wrong? Is it just a thing that happens? Does anyone else have a child with a super duper strong heartbeat?

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:26 pm
Sounds like a lot of a good thing! What did your pediatrician say? Is he worried?

alef12

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:29 pm
You should have the child seen by a Pediatric Cardiologist. My heartbeat was always super loud and I had a Congenital heart condition. It was caught by my old school pediatrician when I was a baby because my heartbeat sounded "off". It could also be a harmless murmur of some sort but check it out.
Hug

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:34 pm
That's interesting. I've never heard of a loud heartbeat to be an indication of a CHD

A murmur generally isn't a louder heartbeat it's the sound of extra whooshing aside from the regular lub-a-dub the heart normally make

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:37 pm
Just One wrote:
Sounds like a lot of a good thing! What did your pediatrician say? Is he worried?

She said it sounds like it’s probably a harmless murmur, and I don’t need to rush to get her checked, but if I have time I can go to a pediatric cardiologist.

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:42 pm
Why not get it checked out.... Just for peace of mind

If you're in NYC, Columbia- Presbyterian pediatrician cardiology dept is top notch

alef12

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:44 pm
Just One wrote:
That's interesting. I've never heard of a loud heartbeat to be an indication of a CHD

A murmur generally isn't a louder heartbeat it's the sound of extra whooshing aside from the regular lub-a-dub the heart normally make

Systolic murmurs are graded from 1-6 with 6 being the loudest
Mine was so loud it was off the charts. It made my heartbeat sound so loud you could hear it without a stethoscope. It took me a long time after my valve replacement surgery to be able to fall asleep easily because I couldn't hear the sound of my heartbeat anymore lol.

Innocent murmurs can cause loud heartbeat as well. It's probably a good idea to make the time to get the little one checked out just to be sure.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:46 pm
I had this. My pediatrician heard it when I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I went for a full pediatric cardio workup at the local childrens hospital. Bh it was a harmless murmur. I've had a few doctors notice it as I've gotten older, and I went to a cardiologist again just to double check everything.
Bh all is well, but it's definitely something I'll glad was checked out

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:46 pm
alef12 wrote:
Mine was so loud it was off the charts. It made my heartbeat sound so loud you could hear it without a stethoscope. It took me a long time after my valve replacement surgery to be able to fall asleep easily because I couldn't hear the sound of my heartbeat anymore lol.

Innocent murmurs can cause loud heartbeat as well. It's probably a good idea to make the time to get the little one checked out just to be sure.

Omg that part about you not being able to fall asleep. Sounds so spoke not to be able to hear something so essential when before you could!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:49 pm
alef12 wrote:

Yes!!! This is exactly what she said about my daughter- “it’s so loud, I don’t even need the stethoscope to hear it”!!!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:49 pm
I don't want to scare you but get it checked out asap. My brother had this BH he is fine now but it required treatment.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:51 pm
Ok guys, I will make time!! Does anyone know someone super amazing on Long Island? I don’t go to Manhattan, it scares me.

Just One

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:57 pm
What about Manhattan scares you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics