Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It’s back. (Covid)
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:09 pm
DS and many other boys from his mesivta have it Right now. He has to be home for all of yomim noraim, we now can’t get together with extended family and more...all because some rabbeim and some boys couldn’t be bothered to wear masks.

kenz

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
DS and many other boys from his mesivta have it Right now. He has to be home for all of yomim noraim, we now can’t get together with extended family and more...all because some rabbeim and some boys couldn’t be bothered to wear masks.

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with it now, but it’s highly unlikely that masks would have prevented the spread in a classroom. They are far from foolproof. That’s not to say they shouldn’t have been worn, but it doesn’t mean the lack of masks is what definitely caused it.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:03 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

YOU ALL HAVE TO BE HOME FOR YOMIM NORAIM IF A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS COVID.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:11 pm
Jade, where have you been hiding? Were having a hard time convincing people here in Brooklyn to stay home if theyre positive for covid19. I'm not even starting with family membbers....

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:19 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Huh? Why do you think we have had endless waves here in Israel?

Was it ever really quiet in Israel? I kept hearing constantly about more cases and more cases. All the way since February. In NY it was super quiet in May & June.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:48 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Was it ever really quiet in Israel? I kept hearing constantly about more cases and more cases. All the way since February. In NY it was super quiet in May & June.

NY is a legitimate outlier probably because it was hit so hard. But we still need masks and no large gatherings in orded to protect vulnerable.

kalsee

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:21 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Israel had a strict lockdown in March-April. they had about 20,000 cases and less than 200 deaths during that time. I would hesitate to call that a first wave. maybe a mini wave.

Israel opened in May.
Cases started rising in June, this is what I would call the first wave.

Some restrictions were put into place in July (July 8th to be exact)

Deaths started rising dramatically at the end of July
There is a lag.

Saying- cases started rising 2 weeks ago and the hospitals are still okay, is absurd.
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics