Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What’s it looking like in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I was at a Simcha last week (where we were the only ones in masks) and a girl (who had been feeling unwell for the past two days) who was at the same Simcha tested positive the next day 😕.

My daughter overheard a girl on the stairs at her school mention to her friend that she can’t taste or smell . . . There are no masks or social distancing at my daughter’s (Brooklyn) high school. . .

Do you need other examples? It is pretty horrible!!! (As noted above, we are still wearing masks, but we are generally the only ones, and as we did not have it and have no antibodies, we feel pretty unsafe. . .)

Under those circumstances, it would be a good idea for you to get tested, if you haven't already.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Under those circumstances, it would be a good idea for you to get tested, if you haven't already.

Just did. B”H Rapid was negative. Waiting for results of PCR.

(As noted above, we are still diligent about masks and sd, but no one else around here is . . . Sad )

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Just did. B”H Rapid was negative. Waiting for results of PCR.

(As noted above, we are still diligent about masks and sd, but no one else around here is . . . Sad )

So glad to hear. I didn't mean to be overbearing. It's just that even if you tested (as you did) maybe someone else would read this and realize that this is the kind of situation that requires testing.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:53 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
So glad to hear. I didn't mean to be overbearing. It's just that even if you tested (as you did) maybe someone else would read this and realize that this is the kind of situation that requires testing.

No offense taken. Can’t be too careful in this situation.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:46 pm
If I were in your situation I would not come!!!! People here act as if nothing is going on. My spouse has a store and it's as regular business out there. Nobody wears a mask everyone is out and about, souls, schools, etc........
on the other hand if you go to Manhattan it's like a ghost town and there you will feel like you are in a pandemic.

Schools here are advising not to test, how does that not boggle the mind??? Because they do not want to shut down a class, etc.......WHAT??????
OK I'm done with my rant, but this should give you a picture of the situation.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics