Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning the fake leather tablecloth

TYH17

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:00 pm
Hi ladies,
Any tips to clean the fake leather tablecloth I regrettably got in white? I literally used my nails to get into the crevices this morning , even a tooth brush didn't do the job.
I feel like it's such a pain to clean I alway put a plastic over it but it still gets filthy once we take it off for dessert ...

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 1:10 pm
Try baking soda with a little water and rinse off well. And next time, consider "how am I going to clean this?" before buying anything.

For dried-on gunk on any surface that won't be harmed by water, make it wet and let set for at least a few minutes or as long as necessary to soften the gunk to glop. Then wipe off with a cloth with some texture to it, like a terry or waffle-weave washcloth.

White leather or leather-like anything is asking for trouble. It WILL get grimy and be impossible to clean. Those lovely bridal leather or leatherette siddurim/tehiilim/machazorim/benchers/random bracha folders that look so attractive in the store? White leather kippot from Rachel's Bat Mitzvah? I look at them and see what they will look like in a few years or less: grey, grimy, and hideous.

TBH, if I had a tablecloth that was such a pain to clean, I would get rid of it. Plastic over pleather is just...words fail me.

workout geek

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:34 pm
The only thing that works for me is lysol spray. Spray and let it sit. They really are a pain to keep clean.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:40 pm
I hate cleaning it. It’s never perfect. I would never buy it. My sister got me one for a gift but of course I never told her what a pain it is to clean, so now she got me a second one! I hate them. Ironically it’s supposed to be practical but it’s the opposite.

TYH17

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:46 pm
I thought maybe there's some sort of trick since it seems everyone and their mother has one but glad to hear it's not just me. But now when I go to people and see it in hunter green or other dark colors can't fool me lol, I know how filthy they get so I wouldn't get a dark one next time, I just wouldn't buy another period.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 2:53 pm
My DD bought me one for my birthday a few years ago. When I use it, I honor her with the job of cleaning it Smile. She uses fantastik spray and a rag to clean it. Yeah, it's not the easy blessing I thought it would be.

mommyW

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 3:19 pm
I use Clorox bleach spray. Works great for me. Just watch out on your cloths!

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 10:07 am
They can go in the washing machine

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:42 pm
Omg yes my husband accidentally dropped black paint trying to polish his tefilin straps and it was impossible to get off.

UGH.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:54 pm
I use Clorox spray then I take it outside and blast it with the hose on high pressure ... Then I left outdoors on my yard table and never looked back
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry